Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2021, 07:21 AM   #1

2022 LTV Wonder RTB and E-bikes?

We recently ordered a 2022 Wonder RTB, and I'm struggling with how to carry 2 e-bikes. I've been told by LTV that the rear hitch can really only support about 100 lbs (the advertised 200 lb hitch capacity is only within the first 6 inches from the receiver). So our plan is to put one bike in the garage and put the second bike on the rear hitch. My question is will the Rad Mini folding bike fit in the garage? What is the inside width of the slide out garage? The folded dimensions are 23 inches wide, 30 inches high and 42 inches long. Unless someone has already figured out a better way to carry 2 e-bikes...
Lee
LeeRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2021, 07:58 AM   #2

If they won't fit folded, what about unfolded side by side, with the handlebars turned 90 degrees to normal riding position?
Old 08-28-2021, 12:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeRam View Post
We recently ordered a 2022 Wonder RTB, and I'm struggling with how to carry 2 e-bikes. I've been told by LTV that the rear hitch can really only support about 100 lbs (the advertised 200 lb hitch capacity is only within the first 6 inches from the receiver). So our plan is to put one bike in the garage and put the second bike on the rear hitch. My question is will the Rad Mini folding bike fit in the garage? What is the inside width of the slide out garage? The folded dimensions are 23 inches wide, 30 inches high and 42 inches long. Unless someone has already figured out a better way to carry 2 e-bikes...
Lee
ONLY someone with a Wonder RTB can provide the dimensions you’re asking for……including WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM WEIGHT RATING OF THE SLIDEOUT GARAGE TRAY.
Anyone else is just guessing.
I’ve not seen the exact dimensions posted anywhere.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 05:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
ONLY someone with a Wonder RTB can provide the dimensions you’re asking for……including WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM WEIGHT RATING OF THE SLIDEOUT GARAGE TRAY.
Anyone else is just guessing.
I’ve not seen the exact dimensions posted anywhere.
Or, they could simply ask the manufacturer for that information. Probably faster than waiting for someone else on here with an RTB to run out to their unit with a tape measure.
Old 08-30-2021, 12:11 PM   #5

I have a 2022 Wonder RL on order (since August 2020). My dealer, Van City, still does not have an anticipated delivery schedule because LTV has not been able to acquire 2021 Ford Transit chassis due to chip shortages.

Back to your question about bike racks on RTB. You can download your owner's manual from LTV website. The manual states that Wonder RTB has a 200 lb. maximum hitch or tongue weight. There is no mention about any reduction six inches from hitch.

You can send an email directly to LTV about storage door dimension on your RTB. After you receive a Sales Order Number from your dealer, you can then join the LTV Family website. Then, you can access all of your interior and exterior storage dimensions.

You need to prepare yourself. As you know, LTV is extremely popular. According to Dean (the guy who does LTV YouTube videos), there is a 18 month backlog on LTV. I suspect you are actually in line for a 2023 LTV Wonder RTB.
Contractor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:51 AM   #6

Thanks all who have tried to help. The folks at LTV finally did respond to my questions on the rear garage, and even included detailed measurements. The garage is still too small for an assembled e-bike, but I think I can lean it over at a 45 degree angle and make it fit. The second bike can go on the rear hitch but I will have to cut off the 1.25" receiver and weld on a 2" receiver (the bike rack manufacturer said using an adapter would create a weak point). The information about the hitch capacity getting lower as you move away from the hitch came directly from LTV.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:37 AM   #7

Quote:
The second bike can go on the rear hitch but I will have to cut off the 1.25" receiver and weld on a 2" receiver (the bike rack manufacturer said using an adapter would create a weak point). The information about the hitch capacity getting lower as you move away from the hitch came directly from LTV.
Think of it this way……

Try holding a 5 gallon water jug up close to your chest for 20 seconds (filled of course)
Now…….try holding out from your chest about 12” or so, for 20 seconds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5C8FB30E-E12D-4AAD-BDDA-5F6281AC1841.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	341517  
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 10:40 AM   #8

2 Biktrix Kutty (fold-able) will fit with the front wheel removed. Use the manufacturers web pages to compare dimensions. Note: Ours would not fit folded, they were too wide.

Killtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 04:33 AM   #9

Killtimer - Thanks!

Great pics - thank you and I will compare the sizes with the RadPower models.
Lee
Old 09-06-2021, 06:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Thanks all who have tried to help. The folks at LTV finally did respond to my questions on the rear garage, and even included detailed measurements. The garage is still too small for an assembled e-bike, but I think I can lean it over at a 45 degree angle and make it fit. The second bike can go on the rear hitch but I will have to cut off the 1.25" receiver and weld on a 2" receiver (the bike rack manufacturer said using an adapter would create a weak point). The information about the hitch capacity getting lower as you move away from the hitch came directly from LTV.

There are 1.25” receivers out there that will work for you. Look at the Yakima Evo 1.25. If you are willing to cut off the 1.25” receiver and install a 2” receiver what about the possibility of installing reinforcements to the frame upgrade the the tongue weight?
Vongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 07:21 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vongreg View Post
If you are willing to cut off the 1.25” receiver and install a 2” receiver what about the possibility of installing reinforcements to the frame upgrade the the tongue weight?

It's the way the garage is constructed that reduces the hitch capacity due to how it's attached. No reinforcement is possible as far as I can see.
Killtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 07:54 PM   #12

Lee
I have a 2019 Wonder RTB. Photo of garage is attached.
The slide out or tray for your information is 59.5 inches long 15.5 inches wide and 36 inches to the top of the aluminum braces above that support the rear bed area. If you loo in the photo the area that steps up (to the front of the motorhome is 29.5 inches wide.

You may want to talk to someone who has a gasoline engine Wonder and discuss with them the actual driving experience and vehicle pickup. The 2019 Wonder has a Ford Diesel engine which also gets great mileage.

The ceiling in our unit I insulated with a radiant foam layer. That is not how they come from the factory.
Let me know if you need any other dimensions or information.
lardog
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wonder rear garage.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	401.3 KB
ID:	349285  
lardog02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 09:02 AM   #13

Photos of the Leisure RTB rear tow hitch and Curt label
lardog
lardog02 is offline   Reply With Quote