Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2018, 10:11 AM   #1

#3 problem

Thor Gemini wife was looking around and found water under fresh water tank. Little drip from 2nd sensor up from bottom. They filled it up when I picked it up. Drained it and letting it dry out. Will put some more silicone around it and see it that stops it. Wonder whats next. Haven't even had it anywhere cept from MHP to the house.
knuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2018, 10:14 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:18 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry but the list will get a lot longer quickly.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 03:37 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the new coach and I'm sorry that you are having a problem, but you will have problems.

The sensors are not sealed with silicone as it is a heat based installation. Unless you need it otherwise, I would keep the water level below that sensor and make arrangements to have the dealer do the repair. That way, should an issue arise it falls back on them.

You don't say where you are from, but you may want to explore plans for a trip to the factory service center in Wakarusa sometime next August. You can communicate with them and keep a list of everything that can wait and have them address it up there. I actually taped up a piece of paper in the hallway to make notes on, but the list never got very long, and a few things got found by them and fixed.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:06 AM   #5

I put some silicone around it yesterday. I thought I would take the wire off on it to get better acess. Wrong. The square bit screw would just turn. So I figure it was just tight. I put my needle nose pliers on the ring terminal thinking I could hold it. Wrong agin the wire terminal broke off and the sensor would just turn in the tank. So I just put silicone around it and going to see what this does. But I got a feeling it will still leak. This is the second one up from the bottom of the tank so I probably screwed. I kinda figure it was some kind of heat based installation. I called Thor yesterday and fellow I talked to was not much help did not see to interested just told me to put some silicone around it. I saw on youtube how you remove them but like I said on this one the screw want turn.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:33 AM   #6

I'm not sure the silicon will end up working very well. I'd be afraid it would decide to start leaking again when your back was turned. For now, don't fill the tank if you know you're going to be at a campground with water hook up.

If the coach is new and with warranty, then i'd mark this down in your "not imperative to have repaired asap" list. Then after you get a few items on the list, schedule an appointment with your dealer to have all the repairs done in one trip. Just don't cut it too close to the date the warranty expires.

If no warranty and you want to make the repair yourself, then something like the below may work. There are different set ups out there so not positive this is compatible. It would make for an easy fix if it is. All that would have to be done is to pull the old sensor out, install this, then reattach the wire.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:16 PM   #7

Mudfrog that looks like it should work. Have not took the old one out yet. But hell it is under warranty so I will let them fix it. I will give it a little while and see what else shows up. Ya I have my doubts on the silicone. Took the rings off the rear wheels today cause I wanted to check air pressure. One side had 66 lbs and the other 71, The plugs that the valve stems go thru one was in the whole in the rim like it should be and the other was half ass stuck in the whole. And this was on both sides.The valve stems have the screw on extensions on them. And we have not even spent a night in it yet. What next?