Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2015, 12:15 PM   #1

Adding an oven

I'm looking at a used Jayco Seneca but it does not have an oven that my DW insists she must have. Is this something that can be installed?
greg koski is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2015, 12:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg koski View Post
I'm looking at a used Jayco Seneca but it does not have an oven that my DW insists she must have. Is this something that can be installed?
greg koski
That is normally doable.... (but your DW will have to give up a lot of storage space).
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:10 PM   #3

Adding oven

I thought she would only lose the drawers under the stove top or is there more to it?
greg koski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:41 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Probably more to it....has she used a convection? We have a convection in our new rig...had gas oven in previous TT, that was hard to get the temp right on. Took a few things in the convection oven to get the hang of it and now I'm a pro. Very easy...bake cookies, cakes, game hens, etc without any problems.
BUT, if it means a happy wife.....
Andi
Kdsgone2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:52 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
If you have a gas top it should be no problem to cut out the storage and install a full stove with oven. Have to check underneath before you start cutting to make sure there are no issues with plumbing or wiring. I doubt there is.

As mentioned the convection works well. DW has become very proficient with it. I think the pies she bakes in the convection bake the crusts better. DW is an awesome pie crust maker and the pies are always good. I think the convection makes the crust flakier.

Only downside is you cannot use the microwave immediately after using the convection. It takes about 5 minutes to cool down before the microwave can be used.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:23 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
We too wanted our first mh to have a regular oven; unfortunate, they are found less and less today. We thought about removing drawers under stove top and putting in an oven, but decided to give the convection oven a chance. DW has become very proficient with it...and in fact, here at home we have a double oven with the top oven also being a convection oven. Prior to having the MH, we had never used the convection part of the double oven, but now, it's about all she ever uses.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:29 PM   #7

Did exactly that in our Suites--no oven when we bought it. You lose the drawers, but my wife felt it was a good trade-off. There are about 3 mfgs--Amana, Whirlpool, Suburban, maybe others--and they are all designed to fit under the space occupied by the normal cooktop. I seem to remember the oven cost $450 + $150 to install.
We also have the convection/MW that doesn't get a lot of use.
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:35 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Alpine Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am adding a gas oven. I boondock a ton and HATE running the gennie when I want to roast something. I am loosing a bit of storage but already figured out where to store the stuff in that cupboard. I've really missed my gas oven.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:11 AM   #9

We found ourselves using the convection microwave most of the time too, worked great since the ovens seemed to be on the small side. Was rare for us to need both. What about a plug in Ronco rotisserie oven as an alternative? I was thinking about that should or next rig not have an oven as well
jdoran1973 is offline   Reply With Quote