Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2022, 07:54 AM   #1

Air Compressor

My little air compressor is not strong enough to adequately fill my RV tires to 75psi. I am looking to purchase one that I could possibly take on the road with me that will fill the tires. Any suggestions. I was looking at this one?https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09F9L6HFK...r%20Rv%20Tires

or should I go with one that plugs into electricity?
surpra is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2022, 08:36 AM   #2

Any that goes over 100 psi will work, just a matter of how long it takes.

I think the one you linked should do it, the question is; will you get a good one? It's the gamble when ordering these days.

I have zero experience with that model.

I have used a 12 volt Thomas compressor, very slow, but got the job done.

A pancake 120 volt 150 psi, when we had our Dutch Star and 42" tires. Much,much faster on regular tires, but you had to run the genny to use it.

Right now with our class C I have a Ryobi compressor that uses their 18 volt battery packs. I already have the batteries, so it was an easy decision. It's faster than the Thomas. Slower than the pancake. However, it has it's own power supply and is more flexible in use simply because it has no cord. I've filled 4 31X10.50R15 tires from 10 psi to 35 psi on half of a 9 ah battery. Topping off the rv tires is a nonevent.

So, if you already have a cordless power tool line up, check to see what they offer first.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by surpra View Post
My little air compressor is not strong enough to adequately fill my RV tires to 75psi. I am looking to purchase one that I could possibly take on the road with me that will fill the tires. Any suggestions. I was looking at this one?https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09F9L6HFK...r%20Rv%20Tires

or should I go with one that plugs into electricity?
Here is what I use...runs on both 120V and 12v and each end cap has a door for storage of cords/needles. Not the faster but lightweight and gets my tires to 80PSI fairly quickly.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-12...120B/303815464
Piney2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, compressor