Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2021, 09:56 AM   #15

One of the class C's that's on my short list is the Dynamax Isata 5 28ss with Explorer package. It's designed to be a 4 season rig with 4x4 on a Ram 5500 chassis with all the drivers aids.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2021, 03:54 PM   #16

2021 Minnie Winnie 22R has advanced driver safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Driver View Post
Hi,

After driving a Ford Expedition for past 4 months with every drivers safety air available I would like to have the same features on a RV. Currently driving a 38 ft class A.

I am looking at models in the 25-28ft range.

Does anyone have any experience with these aids in a RV?

I especially like the lane departure wanting, adaptive cruise and it will bring a vehicle to a stop.

Thanks,

Stephen

Hello Stephen,
This is my first post here. I just joined this forum a few days ago so I apologize to the rest of you that went through the entire, "hello, I'm new here" thing and went looking for my first post (spoiler alert - this is it ). I took delivery of my brand new 2021 Minnie Winnie 22R off the lot this past April 29th. One of the reasons I bought this unit was that the advanced safety features were included in the 2021 E350 portion of the RV. I won't bore you with the specs - you can find them here -> https://www.generalrv.com/product/ne...22r-1276204-16 and for those of you only interested in advanced safety, here's what came with the RV:
  • Electronic stability control
  • Hill start assist
  • Traction control
  • Adaptive cruise control
  • Automatic emergency braking
  • Auto high beam control
  • Distance alert
  • Driver monitoring
  • Forward collision warning
  • Lane departure warning
  • Post-collision warning
So far, I have been very happy with the unit, having taken it on one overnight practice run in early June. I then took my family on a full up two week run late in June through early July from here in Michigan through Ohio and West Virginia to Virginia and then Kitty Hawk in North Carolina for a near beach experience of almost a week. I might suggest to anyone that considers buying a unit like this (based on the Ford E350 Super Duty chassis) that you have the RV dealer or someone upgrade the suspension and add heavy duty sway bars / stabilizers front and rear. My drive each way through Ohio on I-80 was an eye opener as it was very windy and the cross winds were enough to keep me fully awake the entire time. I have at least 750 thousand miles of safe highway driving under my belt so I know when one can "relax" a bit and when one needs to stay on top of their game. Even with the electronic stabilization, in a sudden cross wind the E350 felt like it would be going into another lane if I didn't actively counter the push, and the wind changes were intermittently present at highway speeds on the open road in Ohio. West Virginia, Virginia and North Carolina were all fine, even the mountain roads (my other car is a 19' long RAM 1500 - which gave me a lot of practice over the three years I have had that). In any case, I still recommend the 22R, just a word to those reading this that if they can get the dealer to do an upgrade before delivery I highly recommend it.

And in the interests of full disclosure, I have been working with this technology for the past 15 years and I am fully comfortable with it. Anything that provides an extra set of eyes (or more) on the road for those moments that we all have trying not to spill our coffees is worth having on board.

Having said the above it is worthwhile for me to note here that I did add a few aftermarket items of techonology to the Minnie before we hit the road. A Garman GPS and a rear view mirror with dash cam built in with remote rear view camera. Yes, that's right, the 22R does NOT have a rear window, and I am old school. I have to have a rear view mirror to know when I can safely return to the right lane (or move to the left lane). These and more can be the subject of future discussions here.

Bill
BillinanRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 03:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillinanRV View Post
  • Electronic stability control
  • Hill start assist
  • Traction control
  • Adaptive cruise control
  • Automatic emergency braking
  • Auto high beam control
  • Distance alert
  • Driver monitoring
  • Forward collision warning
  • Lane departure warning
  • Post-collision warning

Bill
Ford calls this their "Driver Assist Technology Package" that is an optional package available to be ordered. The big question is, other than Winnebago and the Minnie Winnie, what other RV manufacturers and models that use the new E-series chassis are being equipped with this package? I can't find any mention of any of these features on the official Jayco, Thor, or Forest River web pages for the respective E-series Class C coaches.
ait109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:17 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ait109 View Post
Ford calls this their "Driver Assist Technology Package" that is an optional package available to be ordered. The big question is, other than Winnebago and the Minnie Winnie, what other RV manufacturers and models that use the new E-series chassis are being equipped with this package? I can't find any mention of any of these features on the official Jayco, Thor, or Forest River web pages for the respective E-series Class C coaches.
I think anything on a Ford Transit has it. I would prefer a Transit as can be got with AWD.
Old 08-04-2021, 06:08 AM   #19

The Winnebago Ekko is on the top of my list at the moment.
Old 09-05-2021, 07:35 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
2020 Winnebago View on a new-gen Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis, I really like the adaptive cruise.
GRbikes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, safety