Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2020, 07:48 AM   #1

Anyone using Drain Master dump hose in Class C

If your using a drain master hose with your class C please let me know what you think about it. Where do you store hose? What modifications did you do to the current dump valve to make it work? Pictures would be great. Thanks for any feedback. Take care

Enjoy the journey
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2020, 09:05 AM   #2

Our coach uses the drain master system. I hate it. Ok, hate is too strong a word. I dislike it and I would rather have the regular system. Right now I store my hose in a plastic bag in one of the storage bays. It's awkward.
CyrusL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:49 AM   #3

CyrusL

Can you tell me what you don’t like about it? I wonder about how hard it would be to lock cams and also about hooking to end of drain pipe. Thanks.

Enjoy the journey
Old 04-14-2020, 09:52 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
I've used one for a couple years now and like it. Had it on the last coach and it is one of the first things I put on my current Aspire.
I like that it stays put on the ground and doesn't squirm around when opening the valves.

It seems much more sturdy that a typical Rhino slinky.

JMHO

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 11:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperbob11 View Post
CyrusL

Can you tell me what you don’t like about it? I wonder about how hard it would be to lock cams and also about hooking to end of drain pipe. Thanks.

Enjoy the journey
The cam locks are VERY easy to operate and there are no leaks. Even my wife with her arthritic hands can do it - it was difficult for her to use the traditional system. You can even purchase a cam-lock end for a standard drain hose, which we have purchased.

Hooking the Drain Master end connection to a drain "can" be an issue at some rest-stop dumps where a 90 degree end would not fit. Of course this is true whatever system you use.

We have had one for 2 years now. Easy, no leaks, fast to attach and re-attach.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperbob11 View Post
CyrusL

Enjoy the journey
  1. Since it uses the cam system, you can't just attach another hose to an existing one to make it longer. You have to get a special hose and a coupler to attach them together.
  2. The hose has a built-in elbow at the end that goes into the sewer pipe. It's big and not removable. That means that the hose won't fit in the bumper or any other hose holders like that. Mine is just in a bag in one of my storage bays which is more messy than I would like.
  3. The system is expensive and non-standard. Finding parts/replacement takes some work and might not be available off the shelf.
  4. If I somehow loose or forget my hose, I can't just borrow one from someone else (unless I have a special adapter).
CyrusL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrusL View Post
  1. Since it uses the cam system, you can't just attach another hose to an existing one to make it longer. You have to get a special hose and a coupler to attach them together.
  2. The hose has a built-in elbow at the end that goes into the sewer pipe. It's big and not removable. That means that the hose won't fit in the bumper or any other hose holders like that. Mine is just in a bag in one of my storage bays which is more messy than I would like.
  3. The system is expensive and non-standard. Finding parts/replacement takes some work and might not be available off the shelf.
  4. If I somehow loose or forget my hose, I can't just borrow one from someone else (unless I have a special adapter).
I'm sold.
Not for me.

Tags
class c