RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2020, 05:31 PM   #1

Best quality B+ rvs

I have been looking at winnebago views. I have been impressed with the quality but dont know much about other similar models from other manufacturers. I see fleetwood, coachman and forrest river. How would you rank these brands in terms of quality and craftsmanship? I realize its subjective but would appreciate your opinions.
Quincybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2020, 07:35 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
A View is a Class C as it has a bed over the top of the driver. A 'B+' tends to be shorter with a TV and cabinets over the driver.

I had an 2002 R-Vision B+ but my wife made me sell it as she thought three RV's was excessive... Solid Chevy 3500 chassis with plenty of power but a little tight for two.

I have a 2017 Winn View. Sprinter chassis is smooth, no problems but lacks some power. To accelerate when passing, I'm downshifting to 4th gear. But I can pull my Jeep GC with it. I like the 24v floor plan as you don't need to extend the slides to sleep. Have had trouble with the diesel generator and frig but those are typical problems with any brand RV.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 06:33 AM   #3

Look at coach house rv
oceanpines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 10:53 AM   #4

Correcting some information. A class B motorhome is one built in a Van . A class C is a motorhome built on a cut-away chassis. Period. There really is no such thing as a B+ . Many class C motorhome of all lengths have no 'cab-over' bed areas, so that is not a valid reason to differentiate and call some B+ s.
Ed_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 01:07 PM   #5

CoachHouse would be the highest quality Class B and B+ motorhomes available in the U.S..

Here's their website:
https://www.coachhouserv.com/
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 04:12 PM   #6

Although purest insist that there is no suck thing as a B+, in a strict manner according to definition they are correct. B+ is said to be a marketing term, but rapidly gaining acceptance in the RV industry. And do fit a certain niche in the community.
We do have a B+, a Phoenix Cruiser,https://www.phoenixusarv.com/

who now also offer a true B. Very high quality. A little pricey, but worth it. Their service is beyond compare.
It would be worth it to check them out, in my opinion.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:31 AM   #7

Leisure Travel or Pleasureway are both good alternatives

mark
Mkaye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 12:17 PM   #8

Don't forget the BTouring Cruiser. Starts with a no-slide 22 ft model 5210 and goes up to 31 feet or so. I had a 2003, sold it to my neighbor, bought a Travato, and just bought a 5210. Go figure!

Ron Harper
2019 Travato - For sale soon
2021 BT Cruiser5210 on order
bbarn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 11:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmp View Post
We do have a B+, a Phoenix Cruiser,https://www.phoenixusarv.com/

A little pricey, but worth it. Their service is beyond compare.
It would be worth it to check them out, in my opinion.
We've owned our Phoenix Cruiser model 2350 for over 13 years with no plan to change. It's been a blessing to own for so many trouble free years. CLICK HERE to review many pictures, inside and out.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 06:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_G View Post
Correcting some information. A class B motorhome is one built in a Van . A class C is a motorhome built on a cut-away chassis. Period. There really is no such thing as a B+ . Many class C motorhome of all lengths have no 'cab-over' bed areas, so that is not a valid reason to differentiate and call some B+ s.
Arguably, the lack of a cab over is the SOLE reason to call some B+. While you may want the cut-away chassis of the Class C rather than the Class B unibody van chassis, but don't need the huge cab over, intermixing them with Class C is a nightmare. The only saving grace is if the manufacturer creates two distinct model lines, but when it is an option on a single model line you filter through a whole lot of inventory trying to find it. Of course, search engines typically don't support B+ or other specialty designations like Thor's RUV class, making difficult to find.
tizeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:58 PM   #11

Leisure Travel Vans would be my first choice but they need to be special ordered and it would take 14-18 months to receive one and that was before the pandemic. LTV has the best design people and their motorhomes look like they have many people who actually use their products and use that experience to refine the motorhomes.
Calson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:01 PM   #12

LTV followed by PleasureWay. They are both very high quality and sleeker in design than others.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincybear View Post
I have been looking at winnebago views. I have been impressed with the quality but dont know much about other similar models from other manufacturers. I see fleetwood, coachman and forrest river. How would you rank these brands in terms of quality and craftsmanship? I realize its subjective but would appreciate your opinions.
If your budget allows it, this family of Class B+ motorhomes should definitely be on your short list:
https://www.coachhouserv.com/
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:03 AM   #14

Mid Atlantic Campers
Yes I happen to agree as I have one one order... CH is backed up into Summer of 22. I also saw on the UltaMobility most recent video that LTV is 18 months out as well.

Personally I would not wait that long for an RV - I would buy a 1 year old one this coming summer - should be increasing numbers of used coaches coming on line...
frederickmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, rvs