Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2019, 09:03 AM   #1

Smile Brake Controller on Sunseeker

I have a 2018 F R Sunseeker that I bought the brake controller harness (3036) and a new Primus Q1 Brake controller. I installed it and when I press the brake pedal the whole dash icons come on and loose the speedometer. I thought this was plug an play.Did this happen anyone or any idea to fix. I don't have the internet all the time so I would take text at 716 863 2605. Thanks
Pops90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2019, 10:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops90gt View Post
I have a 2018 F R Sunseeker that I bought the brake controller harness (3036) and a new Primus Q1 Brake controller. I installed it and when I press the brake pedal the whole dash icons come on and loose the speedometer. I thought this was plug an play.Did this happen anyone or any idea to fix. I don't have the internet all the time so I would take text at 716 863 2605. Thanks

I've not had this problem. But some clarifying questions to make sure it's not something simple.

1. Was the factory plug that you used with the new harness up behind the dash? As in, a foot to the upper right of the steering wheel, where the changeholder would've been? Just wanting to make sure you found the right one. My dealer told me it would be hanging below the steering column. It wasn't, it was way up under the dash.

2. Think any pins could've been bent during the install? Everything on these is pretty delicate.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:29 PM   #3

Most likely a ground issue.
hoakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:04 AM   #4

Thumbs up

Dealer said something about Ford added a wire. That I have to move one pin. I guess I have to hunt and peck. the plug was behind the change holder. I bought the small from the dealer no. 3036 Thanks
Pops90gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, sunseeker