Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2020, 02:08 PM   #1

BT Cruiser Quality ?

Looking at BT Cruisers and any owners what do you like and not like about the quality, issues, etc..

Also can you add a extra fresh water tank, I noticed some of their models have only 33 gallons fresh tank..
jackreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2020, 03:27 PM   #2

I guess no BT Cruiser owners on this forum..
Old 11-27-2020, 03:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackreno View Post
Looking at BT Cruisers and any owners what do you like and not like about the quality, issues, etc..

Also can you add a extra fresh water tank, I noticed some of their models have only 33 gallons fresh tank..
Off topic question, is that a double stack trailer in your photo? If so, Where id you get that?
Mile Marker 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:40 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I guess no BT Cruiser owners on this forum..
I just typed in BT Cruiser Quality on Google and got quite a bit of reading mtl. Perhaps you have already done that though.............

As usual though Jack, I believe those who have had problems are a LOT more likely to post than "happy" owners.

Stay safe.
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:55 PM   #5

My Mom has an older 2004 BT Cruiser, don't remember the model, that she bought used back around 2015. I had to replace the sticking front calipers, otherwise the Ford chassis has done well. The rig drives like a van and the 6.9 has plenty of pep. I just changed the engine oil/filter again the other day and can definitely say that it's easy peasy. Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure she told me a while back that she got about 12 mpg.

The coach itself seems to have some quality built into it. There has never been any water leaks that we know of. It has all original appliances, we believe, that are all working. We all just got back from our annual Thanksgiving camping trip with no problems to report.

On a water tank addition, don't have a clue.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericisrael42 View Post
Off topic question, is that a double stack trailer in your photo? If so, Where id you get that?
Custom made, sold it 18 months ago..
Old 11-27-2020, 09:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youracman View Post
I just typed in BT Cruiser Quality on Google and got quite a bit of reading mtl. Perhaps you have already done that though.............

As usual though Jack, I believe those who have had problems are a LOT more likely to post than "happy" owners.

Stay safe.
I have done some searching and found old post about some complaints, I am hoping to come across some one on one with BT Cruiser owners on here..
Old 11-27-2020, 09:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
My Mom has an older 2004 BT Cruiser, don't remember the model, that she bought used back around 2015. I had to replace the sticking front calipers, otherwise the Ford chassis has done well. The rig drives like a van and the 6.9 has plenty of pep. I just changed the engine oil/filter again the other day and can definitely say that it's easy peasy. Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure she told me a while back that she got about 12 mpg.

The coach itself seems to have some quality built into it. There has never been any water leaks that we know of. It has all original appliances, we believe, that are all working. We all just got back from our annual Thanksgiving camping trip with no problems to report.

On a water tank addition, don't have a clue.
Thanks
Old 11-28-2020, 10:08 AM   #9

I drove a new one last year. It had many squeaks and rattles throughout the coach. The fit and finish was sub par in my opinion. I also noticed a very soft shower floor under my 170lb body weight. They have a very small network of dealers and little consumer recognition. Resale could be very difficult ; I would stay away.
Kenmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmat View Post
I drove a new one last year. It had many squeaks and rattles throughout the coach. The fit and finish was sub par in my opinion. I also noticed a very soft shower floor under my 170lb body weight. They have a very small network of dealers and little consumer recognition. Resale could be very difficult ; I would stay away.
Thanks..

I am thinking of down sizing into a B+ motorhome, I like the twin bed models best, I don't like the size of the B van type they are just to small, I have no use for the over the bed C type's.

I guess I will just keep searching..
Old 11-30-2020, 07:26 PM   #11

Jayco Owners Club
You might want to check Phoenix Cruiser. They have some very nice twin bed floor plans. Higher price point, but reportedly excellent quality.
oldecmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:20 PM   #12

We have a 2016 24' BT Cruiser, which we like a lot. It has the 5.4 V8 motor, which is a little less power than I would prefer, but we are able to climb any grade at at least 45mph, even towing a 12' cargo trailer. It will easily do 70mph on level roadway. Handling and comfort are much better than our previous Rexhall Class A. The interior quality is not quite as nice as the Pleasureway we had for several years, but is entirely adequate and comfortable. Water and holding tank capacity is more limited than a Class A, but significantly better than the Pleasureway. So far, quality has not been a problem. The only change we made was to add mattress toppers to the jacknife folding beds. The padding is adequate for a nap, but a night's sleep is much more comfortable with the toppers. We looked at others, but the BT Cruiser was the best for us.

If you have some specific question, let me know.

Jack
JackHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:37 AM   #13

Every "C" doesn't have a bed over the cab. I've seen some smaller ones like those on Mercedes Sprinter chassis that don't. I've only briefly looked since it's not an RV type that will suit us well.

EDIT, sometimes things get called a "B+" which is supposedly a misnomer for a smaller "C" without extensive cab-over.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Thanks..

I am thinking of down sizing into a B+ motorhome, I like the twin bed models best, I don't like the size of the B van type they are just to small, I have no use for the over the bed C type's.

I guess I will just keep searching..
Our 2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350 will be 14 years old this spring. It's been a joy to own. They have gone up in price since those days so a new one might be unattractive. The company keeps adding more upgrades and bells & whistles of which in-part has increased the price. But you can special order one too, even without a slide-out like we did, if that is your desire. If "used" works for you, do a search for used ones. Model 2551, 2552, and 3100 have twin beds.

One word of caution. I can't recommend one if you are over 6 feet tall because the ceiling and beds don't accommodate a person so tall. I am 5'-11" tall without shoes and I have no issues, but I feel I am close to the limit. With shoes on and standing straight up, the hair on my head (I still have lots of hair at 62) starts to touch the light fixtures and a/c unit. People would say "Why not build taller?" but it's low profile and narrow aerodynamic body is one of it's many attractions. It's size and shape makes it stronger and easier to handle.

CLICK HERE to get to the Phoenix Cruiser website

CLICK HERE to see many pictures of our 2007 model 2350 that we special ordered without a slide out to get a spacious dinette instead of the typical couch.
Ron Dittmer is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality