Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2021, 07:13 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
Can you confirm or clarify that the bed does or does not tilt up in the middle when the rear slide is in? Right now there are 2 examples I can find for sale on RVtrader. Opposite sides of the country.

EDIT adding, apparently the bed does hinge of fold up when the slide is in so how do you manage the bed usage? I found some older postings talking about techniques used.
It doesn’t fold or hinge, per se, but the mattress is in two pieces. The sliding surface covers the stationary one when the slide is retracted. The two mattress parts are stacked on top of each other in this state.

When extended, you push the outer half into place. It’s a bit thicker than the other one to account for the difference in platform heights. The split falls under your butt, left to right.

While we can feel it, the split doesn’t bother us in the least. I’m sure some would be more sensitive to it, and in that case I’ll bet a thin memory foam pad would minimize it. We find it very comfy as-is. Also, we haven’t found the setup/tear down to be bothersome, but again, YMMV.

When all slides are closed, you can’t use the main bed or nightstand. You can access the forward closet door, giving access to the whole closet for loading and such. The bottom drawer can open, but the top one only opens a few inches before hitting the bed. When everything is open, it’s kind of amazing to have a private bedroom with plenty of room to change, with plenty of storage, in a 27’ coach.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2021, 07:58 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergawd View Post
It doesn’t fold or hinge, per se, but the mattress is in two pieces. The sliding surface covers the stationary one when the slide is retracted. The two mattress parts are stacked on top of each other in this state.

When extended, you push the outer half into place. It’s a bit thicker than the other one to account for the difference in platform heights. The split falls under your butt, left to right.

While we can feel it, the split doesn’t bother us in the least. I’m sure some would be more sensitive to it, and in that case I’ll bet a thin memory foam pad would minimize it. We find it very comfy as-is. Also, we haven’t found the setup/tear down to be bothersome, but again, YMMV.

When all slides are closed, you can’t use the main bed or nightstand. You can access the forward closet door, giving access to the whole closet for loading and such. The bottom drawer can open, but the top one only opens a few inches before hitting the bed. When everything is open, it’s kind of amazing to have a private bedroom with plenty of room to change, with plenty of storage, in a 27’ coach.
Thanks I've since "found" a couple more for sale but nothing close by, few hundred miles, to see in person. May have a road trip or 2 in my future.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 01:30 PM   #17

You should also ask people what their average speed is when getting the mileage they claim. I always include that I drive mostly at speed limit while some regular class-c drivers will drive much slower in a 70mph zone. Passed a guy in a leprechaun and later he pulled in beside me at the campground we were overnighting at.
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:58 PM   #18

Mileage is vary difficult to compare as there are many variable. Speed, wind, grade, altitude, and even state where you get fuel. Additives make a big difference and each location may require different properties or supply different octanes. I use the the Scan Guage II to get more accurate information on current MPG and gallons left etc.
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:36 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
Thanks I've since "found" a couple more for sale but nothing close by, few hundred miles, to see in person. May have a road trip or 2 in my future.
Best of luck! If you have any questions about the rig and our experiences with it, please feel free to PM me.