Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2016, 02:55 PM   #1

Cabin Radio

The stock radio in our 2011 Coachman Concorde (Ford E450) is a Jensen VR187 w/three camera views. We have not been satified with the "tin" sound, flimsy Ford stocked door speakers and general noise during the ride. The Coach system is fine when hooked up to iPod, phone and pads.... its just the drive cabin.
We took our coach to a car stereo place and of course they wanted us to install a sub-soofer, amplifier, upgraded speakers and a unit that would still allow camera functionality. I am pricing the products in my head, then add in labor and this could be a $$$$ investment for four of five years.
Looking for some recommendations from the experienced folks who value decent sound while driving the beast down the highway.
twonewfsnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #2

I went to O Reillys got their three way speakers. added a middle which tapped into the front speakers. I can tell the difference, 5"X 7" door, 5 1/2" round middle, 6"X 9" in the rear. The rears are set in a box and facing out toward the front not down. The middle small boxes facing to the rear behind the drivers and passengers seats. I spent maybe less than 160 on all six speakers. and two boxes
sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio