Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2017, 01:13 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip3370 View Post
No, you didn't scare me off, though I am reconsidering purchasing from CW!
Skip..."Please"...I know you've never met me, or probably the rest of the truly helpful responders to your Original Post, however, the One Thing I know For Sure is that 99% of us on IRV2 are truly here to Really be Helpful and Not hurt anyone...financially or any other way! I and numerous others that I've seen over my RVing years are folks who will be "right there to help in any way" when you or anyone else is in trouble.

RV'ers are a special group of people who I've seen time and again, stop to help someone in need, both on the road and in campgrounds AND ON IRV2 for badly needed information from experienced folks.

We are not here to dash dreams...we are here to give advice to folks as if they were our Brothers and Sisters...which we all are!!!

I also am not here to bash any business such as Camping World, but I'm also not one who will avoid sharing information on folks who've earned a reputation whether it's GOOD or BAD!

To reiterate, I would not purchase from CW...there is the Right Travel Trailer out there for you, be patient, keep your eyeballs peeled, and soon it will "appear before you"!!!

God Bless Scott and Family...EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2017, 01:38 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Boy, Some companies spend millions of dollars doing market research to see what people think of them. Here on IRV2 , as Wundertaker has so eloquently stated people are stating what their experiences and others they know have been and are only giving opinions from their perspective.

CW could do themselves a lot of good by reading these blogs and corresponding directly to people who feel they have been wronged via private message to see how they can make things work for both parties.

It cost nothing to join a blog but a fortune to get new customers and even more to get a dissatisfied customer back , if they ever can.

I guess I will never understand how some organizations think. Maybe I am just old fashioned and think great customer service is your best asset.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:10 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimlimike View Post
Boy, Some companies spend millions of dollars doing market research to see what people think of them. Here on IRV2 , as Wundertaker has so eloquently stated people are stating what their experiences and others they know have been and are only giving opinions from their perspective.

CW could do themselves a lot of good by reading these blogs and corresponding directly to people who feel they have been wronged via private message to see how they can make things work for both parties.

It cost nothing to join a blog but a fortune to get new customers and even more to get a dissatisfied customer back , if they ever can.

I guess I will never understand how some organizations think. Maybe I am just old fashioned and think great customer service is your best asset.
Well said my friend...

Old 12-19-2017, 02:18 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimlimike View Post
I have often said it doesn't matter what business you are in, the only thing you sell is customer service. If you don't get that you will not stay in business very long.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:21 PM   #33

Not to bash a specific brand because I personally I have no experience with it, but here is one owners take of purchasing a coach from CW and the troubles they experienced with it. The video states at the end that after viewing the video, the coach manufacturing company agreed to fix ONE of the problems . . .

You can't help but think that because of a video like this, there is a good probability that more than one person decided not to buy an RV from either CW in general, or this particular CW, or decided not to buy this brand of RV. I'm not solidly in the court that believes that when there is smoke, there is fire, BUT given the # of bad reviews/opinions you've seen here, there are better places to purchase an RV. From personal experience, I will never purchase an RV from CW, nor will I let them work on my RV ever again, but I HAVE from time to time bought items from them if time or convenience dictate. Good luck in whatever you decide!

Oh, and the video is really well done, and humorous even if you don't agree with not shopping at CW!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:39 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
I have often said it doesn't matter what business you are in, the only thing you sell is customer service. If you don't get that you will not stay in business very long.
I could speak for a YEAR on that one!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-19-2017, 02:55 PM   #35

From reading all the above negative comments about Camping World I guess I am the lone wolf. I’ve had great experiences at four of them and bought brand new trailers from two. Both buying experiences were great. I have only really had service done at one of them, three different times for routine wheel bearing service and one warranty repair that they talked me into letting them do because I didn’t think a window that did not slide open/close quite right was worth messing with. They did a good job in all cases. We hated the crappy mattress in the first trailer and while on an extensive trip out West we rolled into the Katy, TX CW at 4 PM. I walked in and bought a new mattress and they installed it right then and there. I guess we’ve been lucky with CW so far and I have nothing to complain about at all.
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:56 PM   #36

The only add-on from our dealer was Doc Fee of $124. No freight. No PDI. Only other charges were state required.
RJShiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:59 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Not to bash a specific brand because I personally I have no experience with it, but here is one owners take of purchasing a coach from CW and the troubles they experienced with it. The video states at the end that after viewing the video, the coach manufacturing company agreed to fix ONE of the problems . . .

You can't help but think that because of a video like this, there is a good probability that more than one person decided not to buy an RV from either CW in general, or this particular CW, or decided not to buy this brand of RV. I'm not solidly in the court that believes that when there is smoke, there is fire, BUT given the # of bad reviews/opinions you've seen here, there are better places to purchase an RV. From personal experience, I will never purchase an RV from CW, nor will I let them work on my RV ever again, but I HAVE from time to time bought items from them if time or convenience dictate. Good luck in whatever you decide!

Oh, and the video is really well done, and humorous even if you don't agree with not shopping at CW!
AWESOME JOB ON THE VIDEO...Secondly...I'm so very sorry that you were robbed...all that was missing from this Crime was the Gun!!!

Old 12-19-2017, 06:19 PM   #38

Maybe I should make a 10 minute video first showing us and our amazement at the Thor Quantum first time we saw it, then us almost begging a salesman from Jamestown RV to make a call and make sure that someone would stay until closing before we drove 1.5 hours to look at a single, particular 5er. Next would be us going back to the Quantum and walking through with Kevin from Thor and pulling drawers completely out, peeling back edges and crawling under. Next would be handshakes and keys. >> to Wednesday morning where our coach was sitting on the delivery pad and a 4 1/2 hour PDI. The 95 % of the rest of the video would be us chilling out in the coach and enjoying it.

I have figured out that RV complaints are like paying taxes. The very miniscule minority who do have serious problems make up 95% of the complaints posted to every available forum.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:29 PM   #39

I would say the first thing to do is a lot of research into what you want to buy. After months of research I decided on a Thor PD31. I then went to all the dealers in my area and the only place that had one was CW........ so what was I suppose to do ? I got what I thought was a really great price. I also learned that before you take possession take your time and do a really good walk thru. I found a couple small things that they pulled it back in and fixed. I took possession two months ago. After 2 trips out the slide started screwing up. I called CW and they got me in within 10 days. Dropped it off Monday. They said I should have it back before New Years . From what I've heard that's not bad. I'll see if they get it right. Another thing I was told by another THOR dealer that warranties on RV's aren't like car warranties. That basically where you buy it is where your warrenty is. I was told if I brought it to them they would charge me and I would have to recoup my money from CW. I don't know if that's true but that sucks. It's not much of a warrenty if you have to take it back to where you got it. They don't tell you that. I've bought Harley's, boats, and Polaris Razors, and dealers will tell you that if you don't buy from them they will always put their customers first but never I had to lay out cash. I guess another question I would ask is how mechanical you are??? I took mine back because it was so new but I think if you are handy just make repairs yourself. Dealers don't seem to have the ability to get you in and out quickly.... I may be wrong, but I've heard lots of people complain about the time it takes to get repairs done .
Jacksonjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:17 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher003 View Post
From reading all the above negative comments about Camping World I guess I am the lone wolf. I’ve had great experiences at four of them and bought brand new trailers from two. Both buying experiences were great. I have only really had service done at one of them, three different times for routine wheel bearing service and one warranty repair that they talked me into letting them do because I didn’t think a window that did not slide open/close quite right was worth messing with. They did a good job in all cases. We hated the crappy mattress in the first trailer and while on an extensive trip out West we rolled into the Katy, TX CW at 4 PM. I walked in and bought a new mattress and they installed it right then and there. I guess we’ve been lucky with CW so far and I have nothing to complain about at all.
It is good to hear from people who have good experiences with CW! I can't help but think that there MUST be people out there who have been treated well at CW, or they couldn't stay in business. Just haven't met many of them. But I've gotta add, not a lot that could go wrong with a new mattress "install" is there? Take old one out, put new one in, no hardware involved, no disassembly or anything, but then again, those mattress bags can be difficult sometimes!

Seriously, I'm glad that CW has taken care of you, and if it works for YOU, by all means continue to work with THEM. I, and others have just related THEIR experiences with CW. Some good, but the majority not so good.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I helped a friend repack his wheel bearings on a 27' Fleetwood TT. He had had it done at the same CW for the previous 5 years prior to leaving for Florida, but they couldn't get him in before he left that year.

Anyway, the outer bearings were in great shape, fresh grease, new cotter pins, correct torque etc. However the two of the four wheels had bad inner seals, and very little if any grease. What was there was old and hardened. It looked like they hadn't been grease in YEARS . . . probably at least five? Two of the bearings also showed signs of overheating (same ones where the seals had failed). The spindles were okay, but ended up replacing all the bearings and seals on all four wheels. He went back to CW and they stated that when performing maintenance on the wheel bearings, they only inspect/repack the OUTER bearings unless the customer specifically requests that the INNER bearings be looked at/greased as well due to the labor involved . . .
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:48 AM   #41

Seems like a lot of folks have trouble with new RV's, and finding a competent dealer, whether it be CW or another, is a challenge. I wouldn't take my rig to CW to service even if it were free. I knew more about the rig and systems we bought than the tech that did the walk-around.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:25 AM   #42

I would not buy a roll of toilet paper from camping world! Years past, when we first got into RV's, I had Camping World do some work for me. This job caused me to lose brakes coming down the grade from Tahoe to the flatland on HWY 88. Very exciting pulling a 31' 5th wheel!! First thing I learned is that they do not have competent techs in the service areas. Generally, their entire staff is incompetent. Their prices on RV's are generally overstated and service after the fact is like pulling teeth. Really suggest you find a reputable dealer, or if you know what you are after, look privately. Also, find a good service center - not CW!
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, camping world