Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #1

Canít see faucet connectors

Iím wanting to replace the kitchen faucet in my 2000 Winnebago Minnie Winnie DL. The original has to go. I crawl under the cabinet and I see nothing but sink. The faucet connections appear to be hidden by the sink with no visible access. Anybody had this issue?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2018, 04:04 PM   #2

Yea there is really no way to reach the fittings

You will probably have to cut and replumb the lines after taking the sink out
Pch2A1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:10 PM   #3

Do the faucets go thru the sink, or just the counter? If the counter, just remove the sink, replace the faucets and replace the sink. They make what is called a 'basin wrench' for accessing faucet hardware. HD has em. Not easy if you cant see the fixture, sometimes you have to let your fingers be your eyes. Good Luck!
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pch2A1a View Post
Yea there is really no way to reach the fittings

You will probably have to cut and replumb the lines after taking the sink out

Sink out. Ouch!
Old 01-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
Do the faucets go thru the sink, or just the counter? If the counter, just remove the sink, replace the faucets and replace the sink. They make what is called a 'basin wrench' for accessing faucet hardware. HD has em. Not easy if you cant see the fixture, sometimes you have to let your fingers be your eyes. Good Luck!

Thru the counter but at the sink edge. Got a basin wrench. Will have to blow the dust off it. No room for my fat fingers. Thanks!!
Old 01-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #6

If the sink uses mounting clips they come out easily.

If you cut the tubing look into a couple of shark bite splices to put it back together.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:33 PM   #7

I replaced ours in our TT with a nice single handle high rise faucet from Phoenix; they make RV faucets. But anything at HD or Lowes will fit. Just remember to fill all the holes! Suggest a in counter soap dispenser; very convenient and the bottle doesn't bounce all over the place! For the sink, use plumbers putty, the grey stuff, don't use silicone. You can go over the finished joint with white acrylic caulk, if you want.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
I replaced ours in our TT with a nice single handle high rise faucet from Phoenix; they make RV faucets. But anything at HD or Lowes will fit. Just remember to fill all the holes! Suggest a in counter soap dispenser; very convenient and the bottle doesn't bounce all over the place! For the sink, use plumbers putty, the grey stuff, don't use silicone. You can go over the finished joint with white acrylic caulk, if you want.
Good info. Especially the putty. Many thanks!
boomerzoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:06 AM   #9

Get a friend with small hands and can see by feel and has experience. Saves time and frustration and then you will know how.
GBDTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:29 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
You might try looking things over with an inspection mirror and a flashlight, Ed .......... at least you would know what's up there if you do attempt to "work in the blind." If you don't have an inspection mirror, you can get a nice-sized one at the big box stores and reasonable prices. (You being a guy that owns a basin wrench, I'd wager you have an inspection mirror too.)

You may even be able to secure the mirror by its handle (the head swivels) and have both hands free .... sorta. Never fun workin' inside a cabinet, for sure.

Good luck on the fix, and........safe travels.
youracman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by youracman View Post
You might try looking things over with an inspection mirror and a flashlight, Ed .......... at least you would know what's up there if you do attempt to "work in the blind." If you don't have an inspection mirror, you can get a nice-sized one at the big box stores and reasonable prices. (You being a guy that owns a basin wrench, I'd wager you have an inspection mirror too.)

You may even be able to secure the mirror by its handle (the head swivels) and have both hands free .... sorta. Never fun workin' inside a cabinet, for sure.

Good luck on the fix, and........safe travels.

Or a smart phone in selfie mode. Another thought is removing the sink to give you space to reach in and get to it.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:59 PM   #12

Pull the sink, and do a good job of resealing it when reinstalling it. WBO didn't seal the rim on my View, lets water that spills on the counter, drips from your hand, etc, wick under the sink and ruin the wood. I have pulled the kitchen and bathroom and sealed them.

Charles