Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2022, 04:37 AM   #1

Class-A Discussions On The Class-C Forum

I find it interesting, how many Class-A owners hang out on the Class-C forum. They even ask questions here on Class-A issues they are dealing with. Is the Class-A forum a weak place to get help?

Maybe Class-A members would have the same question. Why are so many Class-C owners hanging out on this Class-A forum, asking their Class-C questions here?

I don't have a problem with it, but I do wonder.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2022, 05:03 AM   #2

Maybe because some of the issues are the same. Take Forest River, the Sunseeker 3010DS, Forester 3011DS and the FR3 30DS are basically the same. The difference is the FR3 is a Class A.
Bill 3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 05:19 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We figure everyone with a Class C really wants a Class A, so we take pity on them and post in their forum.

Or it could be that other than what it's built on, the insides of these things are really a lot alike. They share a lot of the same parts, manufactures, and issues. Also, a lot of us have had Class Cs and are familiar with the problems that pop up and have experiences to share. Some of us just answer questions we think we might be able to help with and don't really look to see what forum it's in. Once in awhile, as scandalous as it sounds, we ask questions for neighbors, friends or family members that we're trying to help out.

It is a mystery...
Old 05-03-2022, 08:37 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Many of the issues can be the same for a class A or a class C RV. The same issues can even appear on a travel trailer of a 5th wheel.

I have had all classes of RVs over the years and I frequently answer questions on other forums even if I now own a 5th wheel now.

I doubt if it is an issue to get anyone's knickers in a wad over.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 09:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizcom View Post
We figure everyone with a Class C really wants a Class A, so we take pity on them and post in their forum.
I "love" your comment.......not true in my case, but you put a big smile on my face.

Welcome all you Class-A owners to the Class-C forum!
And all you 5th wheeler and travel trailer people too!
And all you pop-up campers and tenters too!
Welcome everyone to the Class-C forum!!!
Old 05-03-2022, 01:16 PM   #6

Most likely economic. Many class A people probably assume people buy class C for economic reasons. Those economic pressures lead C owners to solve their own problems whereas in the A forum, being more ...pretentious..they just pay for someone to fix it. Here, they have hope for help.
cbigham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 03:30 PM   #7

When I sign-on to the IRV2 site I click on the New Posts and respond to those that peak my interest, I never even look at where the question was originally posted. When you talk about an engine, electrical, plumbing issue, does it really matter if it is a Class A or Class C since they often have the same motor and underlying electrical and plumbing components. I know when I post a question to the site I am just thankful someone takes the time to respond.
2007 Newmar Baystar; 3201; SumoSprings Front; Timbren Springs Rear; Safe-T-Plus; 2016 Fiat 500; Roadmaster Falcon 2;Demco SBS DUO Braking System;TST 507; Bilstein shocks; Garmin RV 785; Supersteer Rear Trac Bar, Thule Easyfold XT2,RVWhisper
rffowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 03:33 PM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbigham View Post
Most likely economic. Many class A people probably assume people buy class C for economic reasons. Those economic pressures lead C owners to solve their own problems whereas in the A forum, being more ...pretentious..they just pay for someone to fix it. Here, they have hope for help.

That's just the Newmar owners. Kidding! Newmar owners...just kidding.
Old 05-03-2022, 08:38 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I'm like many others. When I log onto the site I just scroll through my subscribed threads first, and then check out the new posts. I don't really look at what subcategory it originated in.

And while I haven't been RVing too long, I have had both a class C and a class A, so I guess I'm allowed to pop into either.
The Ward Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 10:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizcom View Post

Or it could be that other than what it's built on, the insides of these things are really a lot alike. They share a lot of the same parts, manufactures, and issues. Also, a lot of us have had Class Cs and are familiar with the problems that pop up and have experiences to share. Some of us just answer questions we think we might be able to help with and don't really look to see what forum it's in. Once in awhile, as scandalous as it sounds, we ask questions for neighbors, friends or family members that we're trying to help out.

It is a mystery...
"We figure everyone with a Class C really wants a Class A, so we take pity on them and post in their forum." Well ... that's definitely not me ... I guess I'm an outlier.

I continously scan the Expedition Portal forums, and sometimes post there regarding use of our 24 ft. Class C on it's E450 chassis and oversize tires - that we sometimes take offroad well beyond Class A stomping grounds.

For what it's worth, below is what I would REALLY like in a self-contained go-anywhere-anytime motorhome for use way out on the Far Side of Beyond whenever our interests require us to be there:

Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 07:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil G. View Post
For what it's worth, below is what I would REALLY like in a self-contained go-anywhere-anytime motorhome for use way out on the Far Side of Beyond whenever our interests require us to be there.
Check out the Phoenix Cruiser 2100 with the 4x4 option. It's just a little bigger than the van you have pictured, and with the same ground clearance. Model 2100 fits in a regular parking spot. Scan the web because once in a while, a used one will show up for sale.
Old 05-04-2022, 11:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dittmer View Post
Check out the Phoenix Cruiser 2100 with the 4x4 option. It's just a little bigger than the van you have pictured, and with the same ground clearance. Model 2100 fits in a regular parking spot. Scan the web because once in a while, a used one will show up for sale.
Thanks Ron!

Atually we're not at all in the market for another RV. Our 2005 (bought new in 2006) Itasca is in good shape and has only around 85K miles on it. We paid $54K for it new, and it's of course still worth every penny of that to us when out and about with all the comforts of home.

I notice in the Expedition Forum photos that many of the places where folks take their $$$$$ full-on 4X4 camping rigs look like we could carefully get to also (in dry weather) with our small E450 chassis Class C.
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 11:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rffowler55 View Post
When I sign-on to the IRV2 site I click on the New Posts and respond to those that peak my interest, I never even look at where the question was originally posted. When you talk about an engine, electrical, plumbing issue, does it really matter if it is a Class A or Class C since they often have the same motor and underlying electrical and plumbing components. I know when I post a question to the site I am just thankful someone takes the time to respond.

THIS^^^^^^
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 11:23 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rffowler55 View Post
Took the words out of my mouth!

I've had tent trailers, truck campers, travel trailers. Class C and Class A RV's so I read and comment on what I've learned over the years.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum