Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2017, 01:15 PM   #15
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Went from class used A gas to a used class C. The only things I miss is the larger water capacities of the class A and a wall switch by the door to turn on one or more ceiling lights.

On the positive side. I really like the cab over for storage. It also is a great sun shade while driving. Two steps to get in. Three doors to get out. The cab AC really works well. The E350 Super Duty can be serviced anywhere and the cost of service is much, much less. External and internal storage is more than adequate.

I did have the front end alignment set for +5 degrees castor. That improved the handling immensely on the highway. I also add a Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer just like I had on my class A. If the big trucks have to slow down due to cross winds I have to slow down also. Can’t ask for more than that handling wise.
NRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2017, 02:06 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Had a 2014 Fleetwood 38B Class A and just went to a 2017 Super C Thor 35SD. I have no regrets. It is as easy to drive as my duel wheel Ford I had a few years back. Insurance is less per year, taxes are less per year, fuel economy went from 9.0 to 11.5 mpg, my dog who was a nervous wreck in the Class A also loves the C.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3951.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	416.2 KB
ID:	168132  
RTinVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #17

I am considering a NAVION as well. Is it pretty quiet while driving? I have not taken one out for a test drive. Does yours have a Truma hot water heater. If you, do is it keep up with shower use?
jerry olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:20 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry olson View Post
I am considering a NAVION as well. Is it pretty quiet while driving? I have not taken one out for a test drive. Does yours have a Truma hot water heater. If you, do is it keep up with shower use?
I have a standard gas/electric 6 gallon water heater and with it being my wife and I have not experienced any shortage of hot water.
RTinVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:10 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
We just went from a 24G model MB Sprinter based Prism to a 30' Winnebago Class A gas. We have had a variety of motor homes. We had to suspend our retirement in 2010 so we had to sell what I think was the perfect Class A DP Revolution. I could not deal with the size of the small one. I couldn't cook, bathroom backed up to stove and frig making it pretty inconvenient. There was no counter space. We originally decided to go to a larger C but found that the cab just wasn't for me. The leg room was awful. I'm a long legged woman and would have been looking for a place for my feet. I am spoiled from having larger motor homes and didn't want to have my husband change to an A just to suit my spoiled needs. But I find myself being excited to go now where in the smaller rig I would find excuses not to go. Mileage was great but the small size just wasn't for us.
V. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:26 PM   #20

We down sized from a 40' Itasca Horizon KD w/ 400 diesel to a 27' class C Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS E450 Ford V10. We love the Leprechaun! We were full-timing in the 40' diesel but now we have a stick and brick in Florida we didn't need the big bus, but still wanted a get away RV. The Leprechaun is a very nice rig, has 2 slide outs, with twin recliners and a U dinette. It's one of the few class C rigs that have auto leveling which is awesome. The V-10 has plenty of power towing our 2015 Subaru Forester and with the trans in tow mode going down steep grades is as good as our diesel with an engine brake. We are very happy with our down sizing!
Jackhal1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:43 PM   #21

We downsized to a 31.5 ft class C from a 38 ft DP and love the Class C we do miss the extra storage space and cabinet space But it drives like a pickup. Sitting in the windshield of the class A was nerve racking and after the days drive my neck and back was sore from being tense, I just did not like driving it 6 years was enough. One of the other things I wish the C had was a little more room in the bathroom. Also the tires for the class c are alot cheaper.
Fkrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, class c