Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2014, 07:14 AM   #1

Class B+

I have a small Class A now Winnebago Vista 26he. We are finding it hard to drive ,wide and high. We are looking into going to class B+. We would like to stay around 30 ft.
Looked at Phoenix Crusier, loved it but pricey, I would also like to considered the Concord 300 TS/DS. I have not looked or tired it.
Any opinions on any B+ I don't like the C because of the overhang and it is only 2 adults and two dogs. We love the storage in the Class A but the wind and trucks passing by makes it a sail and we are finding hard to drive.
Thanks AZnancy
aznancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2014, 08:12 AM   #2

Make sure you take whatever unit you find and drive it under the same conditions. I once owned a Winnebago Rialta which has the same profile as the units you mentioned and it got bounced around a bit too. The other thing to consider is how you camp in relation to tank capacities. Some of the B+ have smallish holding tanks.

The Winnebago Aspect fits the profile you are looking for.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #3

Checkout the Aspect or Cambria line. No overhang and easy to drive. We have the 27K. While it does not have the basement storage of a class A, it does have a good layout.
boiledfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
B+

HI
We had the Lexington B+ and it was on the Ford frame It rode very rough. We even replaced rear springs still no help. Be sure to take a long ride on bumpy roads, good luck on your search.
wrinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:07 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I suggest you take a look at the Winnebago View or Itasca Navion. About 26' long and I feel they handle well in the wind and with big truck traffic. It's 10' 1" high and only 7'6" wide.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:47 PM   #6

We have an Aspect 29H, class C. Same as you. Did not like the Rug Rat room over the cab. Only down side on this 2008 model. Is the BR has to be slid out to use.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:00 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a 2013 Aspect 30C, three slides, after almost 18,000miles, we're still in love with this MH! Perfect size for us and easy to drive. Love the customer service of Winnebago!
Andi
Kdsgone2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:51 PM   #8

We went from a 35Ft Fleetwood to a 25ft Mercedes Renegade Villagio and took it out for the first time last weekend and its a world of difference to drive. We actually drove it in downtown Asheville NC and didn't have any issues. Would of been very stressed out in the Bounder. Also at 16 MPG it made a big difference in fuel cost. As for the room after we got a system down it went very well. I would really look into the Mercedes Sprinter line. Winnebago, Itasca, Renegade. We also had a lot of swaying in the Bounder when trucks passed and had very very little in the Renegade.
Woody2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:00 AM   #9

I have owned 9 motorhomes, class A, B+,and C. They all have their pluses and minuses. If you drive a lot and want maneuverability, I think you would be happier in a B+. The tall short class A units can be a handful in crosswinds and semi truck traffic. My Phoenix Cruiser drives well. Whatever you decide, drive it before you buy it.
Dynadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:06 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
I had a dynamax isata b+ 25 ft for 6 years. Great ride but very little storage even for someone who travels alone. I traded for vista 26he class a. After some suspension work rides as well as B and has
The space and comforts I was looking for.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #11

I needed a Full shower so just bought a Leisure travel Unity MB. Will be fun to see the difference, I had a 45 ft MH previously. At least with this one, I can camp at any CG.
Also delivery is quite long, they must have a lot of BO, delivery expected only in July.
Norm
laurier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:24 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to ksrow
Hey Aznancy
I am new to the group but a long time RVer. We bought a Thor Siesta Sprinter 24sr this year and we just love the layout and the Mercedes handling, ride and 17 MPG.....I would however be very thorough on the pre-inspection and drive PRIOR to signing the deal. Make sure the dealer agrees to all your required upgrades. Look under everything check every door and drawer for fit finish and closure. I would be happy to send you a list to check if you do go that route. There are several brands using the Mercedes Sprinter Chassis this just happened to be the layout we liked best. We have also made some minor Mods that make a great coach even better. Thor is going through some challenges with their growth and it will Pay for you to be very thorough and detailed before the sale. All that said WE LOVE OUR COACH....
ksrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #13

I highly recommend checking out Nexus RV. Although we have a Phantom 28P Class C, it handles great.
BigD629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:57 AM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to ksrow
Response to your email

We did have a 43 ft "A" but was too much time and restricted our travel.. As for the list use common sense above all. I know you don't like the C because of the overhang but the B+ does not have that problem. What ever you do look at the following.

Look under the coach for hanging wires and clamps
On pipes etc (on your back and eyes open for anything that looks loose or out of place)

Try all doors drawers closet latches (look for easy use and smooth fit and finish. Pull the drawers out and look under and behind with flash light is it clean or is there sawdust trash extra screws missing screws etc.

Check all plumbing fixtures for stability (are they tight and firm or loose)

Check all electrical light switches and electrical components for good working order

Try all tvs stereo equip satellite or cable equip for operations.

Look at all trim for loose attachment, staples/screws sticking out look up at the ceiling and down at the floor for fit and finish.

Sit in all chairs seats and on the toilet for fit stability comfort.

Lay down on bed as if you are looking to buy a new mattress.

When you open the outside basement doors look at all hinge and opener screws for fit and finish and ease of closure. Open all access panels in and out of the coach and inspect for trash bad connections loose clamps etc. again use your eyes, ears, hands with a flashlight. Does everything look right, it that the way you would expect it to be done?

Try out all appliances Stove, microwave, etc. where reasonable.

Open and try all ceiling vent units, do they work, open and close smoothly, run quietly?

Get up on the roof and inspect all of the seals etc.

Inspect he chassis and body for fit and finish paint quality etc.

I think you are getting the point. Each unit is different and each manufacturer has its own process. It is up to you to prove the unit worthy of your money. Don't be pushed into buying a coach until you are absolutely happy with all aspects.

The guys that sell these make a good commission to get you to spend that money. They work for the dealer. Make them earn that commission and make sure all is to your satisfaction BEFORE you sign that contract or at lease a list of the repairs/updates required signed by the sales manager is in your hands.

Also, if you are buying a coach with duel rear wheals make sure it has valve extensions installed for all six wheels. You don't want to be crawling around on your back trying to check tire pressures in the wet or cold

Insist that the following be included in the sale after you negotiate the price.
Tire valve stem extenders
Sewer hose and connectors
Fresh water hose
Roof top vent covers( so you can leave ceiling vents open in the rain)
Anything else you think you might want to get them to close the deal.

It is the time of the year when sales are very slow. Our unit had a list price of $122k we negotiated the price down to $84k from their asking price of $98k. And bought the 3 year extended warranty. Do NOT let them sell you the interior and exterior paint treatment as it is a waste of money and you can pay someone a couple of hundred dollars a year to detail and wax your coach. I hope this is helpful, but the main point is all of this is easy before the sale and IMPOSSIBLE after.. Go on line and look at the "special" pricing across the nation for the particular coach you are looking for and use that as the basis for your negations. Even the special prices can be negotiated down..

Good Luck
ksrow is offline   Reply With Quote