Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2020, 09:07 AM   #1

Class C Leveling Jacks

Has anyone had Hydraulic leveling jacks installed on their older class C? I'm looking to buy a 2007 winnebago aspect A and it needs leveling jacks.
Snomas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2020, 09:09 AM   #2

I had them installed on our 2012 several years after purchase. Had Equalizers installed at their factory.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:28 AM   #3

leveling jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
I had them installed on our 2012 several years after purchase. Had Equalizers installed at their factory.
Can yu give me an approx cost at that time? Thx
Snomas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snomas1 View Post
Has anyone had Hydraulic leveling jacks installed on their older class C? I'm looking to buy a 2007 winnebago aspect A and it needs leveling jacks.
Another option is Bigfoot levelers by Quadra Manufacturing in White Pigeon, MI.
The Official Website for Bigfoot© Hydraulic Leveling Systems.

Thinking about either one of these manufacturers for our class C.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:08 AM   #5

Had HWH Jacks installed on our 2007 Aspect 26A that I bought used in 2009. Bought from Camping World in Myrtle Beach, SC (they have a reliable service department from my past experience). They had a sell going on at that time, cost about $2800, plus about $500 installation, and got a $300 credit card.
jrwpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:49 AM   #6
Commercial Member

there are several companies that make leveling systems for your coach. hwh, bigfoot, equalizer are the most popular brands.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 05:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snomas1 View Post
Can yu give me an approx cost at that time? Thx
$3200 plus tax and installed for that price at their factory. Took about 6 hours.
Old 08-31-2020, 03:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffeys View Post
Another option is Bigfoot levelers by Quadra Manufacturing in White Pigeon, MI.
The Official Website for Bigfoot© Hydraulic Leveling Systems.

Thinking about either one of these manufacturers for our class C.
We went with Bigfoot. Drove to their factory for installation. Excellent service. Installed in under two hours. We have been quite happy.
Old 08-31-2020, 04:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
$3200 plus tax and installed for that price at their factory. Took about 6 hours.
Mine took a little longer because I did not want the unit underneath on the frame. Had it mounted in a compartment. Easy to check and service and not subject to road grime.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:45 PM   #10

Big Foot are the least expensive
Usually under $2500 for parts
If you go directly to factory they sometimes will install for $300 +/-

HWH are the Cadillac of levelers.
Most recently well over $3000 for parts and $1500 or more for local install.
Their factory in Iowa has been known to do installs for a lower cost.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:57 AM   #11

Platinum or Autolevel?

For those who have installed the Bigfoot Leveling systems, what do you recommend the platinum or the fully automatic leveling system? My understanding is the Platinum drops the jacks and lifts the coach a little but no leveling. You have to do that manually. Not a big deal and I'm not sure its worth the added $1K for fully automatic but would like some feedback.
rreynolds51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:39 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreynolds51 View Post
For those who have installed the Bigfoot Leveling systems, what do you recommend the platinum or the fully automatic leveling system? My understanding is the Platinum drops the jacks and lifts the coach a little but no leveling. You have to do that manually. Not a big deal and I'm not sure its worth the added $1K for fully automatic but would like some feedback.

I had the Big Foot system installed on mine in March this year. I got the fully automatic. Of course it has a manual selection if you prefer it in certain situations. I have been in some rough dry camping terrain that I wasn't sure about so I used the manual with a level close by to level it, but in RV parks I always use the automatic setting. It was about 3000 and weighs about 150 pounds.
OkieSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:29 PM   #13

Mine came with. Big Foot. We love it.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSVT View Post
I had the Big Foot system installed on mine in March this year. I got the fully automatic. Of course it has a manual selection if you prefer it in certain situations. I have been in some rough dry camping terrain that I wasn't sure about so I used the manual with a level close by to level it, but in RV parks I always use the automatic setting. It was about 3000 and weighs about 150 pounds.
Where did you get it installed, and would you recommend your installer? And how much does it affect your ground clearance? I've found myself in lots of uneven terrain getting to 4-wheeling sites, and always worry about the ground clearance piece.

Thanks!

Tags
class c, jacks, leveling, leveling jacks