Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinger View Post
Mine do not require the emergency brake to be applied but will not deploy with the key turned to the ACC or the engine running. They also will not retract with the key in ACC or the engine running.
That is a surprise since my Jayco Greyhawk Kodiak 32SS required the emergency/parking brake be engaged or the jacks would not go down. Oops, given yours in an aftermarket product it would depend how they wired the system. Do you have an alarm system that will prevent you from starting up and driving away without raising the jacks?

With all of the Jayco Kodiak based units they initially wired them incorrectly and one the jacks were down and slides out and everything level, if you turned on the ignition the jacks would come up automatically. What a PITA. Some owners rewired themselves. I had Jayco correct the connections at the factory service centre in Middlebury.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #16

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LOVE IT !!!! Beats the heck out of crawling under with bottle jack and then drop scissor jacks down.
Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:53 AM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
That is a surprise since my Jayco Greyhawk Kodiak 32SS required the emergency/parking brake be engaged or the jacks would not go down. Oops, given yours in an aftermarket product it would depend how they wired the system. Do you have an alarm system that will prevent you from starting up and driving away without raising the jacks?

With all of the Jayco Kodiak based units they initially wired them incorrectly and one the jacks were down and slides out and everything level, if you turned on the ignition the jacks would come up automatically. What a PITA. Some owners rewired themselves. I had Jayco correct the connections at the factory service centre in Middlebury.
When I turn the Key on the unit makes a great deal of noise I don't know if they disabled the neutral safety switch and I am not keen on trying. To retract you turn it on hit the retract button and wait till the 'All up' light comes on and you are ready to drive.
Davinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #18

Quote:
When I turn the Key on the unit makes a great deal of noise I don't know if they disabled the neutral safety switch and I am not keen on trying. To retract you turn it on hit the retract button and wait till the 'All up' light comes on and you are ready to drive.
That is the same as the factory unit from Jayco with respect to jacks lifting when hitting the retract - and the then indictor when they are up. No noise when turning it on that I can remember - unless you try to take off the emergency/hand brake.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #19

Can this system be installed on any Class C? I am about to purchase a 2005 Fleetwood Jamboree and leveling jacks would be a sweet add-on.
RaisingCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisingCajun View Post
Can this system be installed on any Class C? I am about to purchase a 2005 Fleetwood Jamboree and leveling jacks would be a sweet add-on.
Probably, just throw your checkbook/credit card on the counter and ask. Probably a $4,000 project.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
The system can be installed on a pickup truck if you like. They mount 4 self contained hydraulic jacks and then a sensor that tells when it is level and the control panel. The jacks mount to the frame. I got the dealership to get the unit and they discounted it as part of the deal so negotiate away.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
One of the things I like about my system is that I can control the jacks individually to the point of lifting the tires off the ground. There is an emergency retract and each of the 4 jacks is a self contained unit. So if there is a problem with one you can usually fix it with a simple wrench.
On my HWH system I have the option of full auto or full manual. I can also do one jack at a time and it will lift the Cambria off the ground. My favorite is the full auto, push a button and you are all level in a very short time.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisingCajun View Post
I just got off the phone with Quadra Manufacturing (the Big Foot guys) and have an appointment in two weeks to visit their factory and have the EZ Series Leveling System installed on my 2013 Four Winds 28Z. I do all sorts of automotive repairs and renovations but $600 sounded like money well spent to have this system installed correctly. Plus, I already had a trip planned that took me near their factory.

The DW and I camped in a "gently sloping" spot last weekend that had my right rear duals on three layers of 2x12 to get us close to level. It wasn't too hard but she didn't like it. When I showed her a Big Foot video, it was easy to sell the upgrade.

...ned.
ncoonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
I was sold when I saw it on another coach and I have posted several times about it and I got on average 3 private messages per post asking about the system. So I figured the best way was to show people how hard it was. This system will not stop you from going out in the rain to plug in and hook up water and sewer connections...
Old 08-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #25

Question: I have this system on my new RV. We used the automatic leveling when we arrived home and the PS front leveler is not completely extended. Should all 4 levelers need to be down? Can't figure out how to do this re the instruction booklet.
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:33 AM   #26

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by progers View Post
Question: I have this system on my new RV. We used the automatic leveling when we arrived home and the PS front leveler is not completely extended. Should all 4 levelers need to be down? Can't figure out how to do this re the instruction booklet.
Generally speaking my unit will deploy the front and make sure that both are on the ground. Then it will do the same for the rear and finally it will bring the whole coach to level. If one of yours isn't reaching the ground you may have a problem. The good news is that you can call Bigfoot and they will walk you through solving the problem.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #27

The good news is that you can call Bigfoot and they will walk you through solving the problem.

Good to know. Thanks
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:28 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Generally speaking my unit will deploy the front and make sure that both are on the ground. Then it will do the same for the rear and finally it will bring the whole coach to level. If one of yours isn't reaching the ground you may have a problem. The good news is that you can call Bigfoot and they will walk you through solving the problem.
It may also have reached it's extension limit. In this case you would need to retract it, place some blocks in the landing area and extend it.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling