Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2018, 04:10 AM   #43

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix2551 View Post
We have a 2006 PC 2551 and just love it. Have had As,Cs and trailers previously.

If I hadn’t run into the deal on the MH I have I would have gotten the 2551 in heartbeat. I like the layout and the quality of what they put into their MH’s. How did you like the twin beds? That looked like a great way to go. I’m a big guy so wasn’t sure they would be wide enough or comfortable enough without changing mattresses. We’ve changed the mattress on every RV we’ve ever had. Just curious. Ty.

Alan
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2018, 07:49 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Wilson View Post
If I hadn’t run into the deal on the MH I have I would have gotten the 2551 in heartbeat. I like the layout and the quality of what they put into their MH’s. How did you like the twin beds? That looked like a great way to go. I’m a big guy so wasn’t sure they would be wide enough or comfortable enough without changing mattresses. We’ve changed the mattress on every RV we’ve ever had. Just curious. Ty.

Alan
After 10 years with our original PC mattress, we finally replaced it. We found a Hometics 6" (4.5" standard foam, 1.5" memory foam) mattress sold at Walmart for $117 was perfect to start with and cut to size. The outer zippered case it comes with was fairly easy to rework. We went a step further and bought from Phoenix USA, a custom fit "interior fabric matching" zippered mattress cover for an exceptional finish.

We love our Phoenix Cruiser.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:02 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Wilson View Post

Alan
What I like about the twin beds is one is longer that the other. I'm six ft and wife is 5 ft. The width seems just fine. mattress was comfortable, firm but good for my back. I wouldn't have a corner bed. All in all we really like the PC.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #46

Class C MH MFG's

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudial View Post
I'm looking at a 2013 Freelander 22QB in Connecticut later this week. Anyone out there have one and can provide their impressions? Also - it is on a Chevy chasis and not sure of any disadvantage considering it's size and weight. Ron Ditmer's note on this: "It's power & weight ratings are a little less than their Ford counter-parts making them a great chassis for all but the heaviest of class Cs." Not sure where this Class C stands in that spectrum. Will be dinghy towing our Chevy Spark with what ever we buy. thanks for any input.

We have a 21RS and tow a chevy sonic. Love the rig. It comes with a tow botton on the dash that corrects the transmission for the incline you are running. Saves on gas and helps downhill. The back up camera is available anytime so you can check your toad and traffic behind you.
The walls use aztel panels that are lighter weight and offer construction that will not be infiltrated with water problems like standard fiberglass, insulation, paneling construction.
There is also a large basement storage below the bed. We specifically picked the chevy platform for the extra storage that was not offered on the ford platform. You picked a great rig. Enjoy your travels.
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 10:03 AM   #47

I’ve had had 4 class C’s so far. My first was a 1978 Delta 25’ with a Ford front end. Still, to this day, one of my favorites. Next was a 1999 Gulfstream with a super slide. Great layout and I really loved that rig. Then after loosing my husband, I left the road and purchased a 36’ Mountainaire 5th wheel to jus stay parked at a great winter location. Really thought my RV days of travel were over. Then new boyfriend and I purchased a 1986 Toyota Sunland Express. Cute as a bug and just about as big. We brought it across the USA 3200 miles to AZ and then found a 1998 Winnebago Itasca w/slide. Ok, boyfriend is built like a linebacker and just couldn’t get around in the tiny Sunland but the Itasca is great! We both thought our RV days were over, (since we are both 75) and now we look forward to more trips and travel. So, whatever you choose, it’s a great experience.
Cranelakeont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:47 AM   #48

Nexus Ghost

Also a Nexus Rebel 4x4
Marty1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 12:23 PM   #49

Leisure Travel Motorhomes - Triple E

Leisure Travel Vans out of Canada build on the Ford Transit 3500 and Mercedes Sprinter 3500 HD Cutaway chassis. They are owned by Triple E. They market them as a class B+ but they are truly a class C when you go to register and insure them. They just don't have the overhead bunk on the cab.

https://leisurevans.com/
gwrace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c