Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Cool Class "C" Owners

Howdy,
My wife and I are in the market for an R.V. Can't decide what kind to get. All you Class "C" Owners tell me why you love your Class "C" over the rest,
Thanks,

Tim & Pat Rye

Lovelady, Texas
RevTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #2

Love everything about our 03 Chateau Sport with a GM 3500 chassis and an 8.1L Vortec engine. We only wish we had a slide. I is 27' and handles like a dream. Took a 5700+ mile trip this summer through 13 Western States and it preform like a champ. Construction good and quality good.
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #3

I like the cab doors rather than walking through the coach to enter and exit.
I have a nice 2011 Fleetwood Jamboree 31m for sale here on the classified site. $63500

Mark
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #4

We bought our first RV, a well cared for 22 year old Lazy Daze 22'. It's way better than I thought it would be since we just wanted to get started at a low entry point.

I have wanted an Airstream trailer and truck for the longest time but we're not in a position to do that just yet.

The Lazy Daze is starting to change my mind and we might stick with class C or B+.

The only problem is not having a car to get around with at our destination. So we will probably still switch to the Airstream.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #5

I agree with Campingman about the cab doors. Just have this thing about exits I guess. Also, to ME anyway, the class C is easier to drive. Probably just a psychological thing, but DW says no way she could drive a class A either.

As far as towing a vehicle, I think it depends on what you want to do most of the time. We are pretty much set up at the CG and stay there. When we went to Gettysburg this summer we rented an SUV and were able to take the dogs with us on the motorized tour. I can rent a lot of cars for what a proper tow setup costs.
renman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #6

Every RV has a unique form and fit.

We had a 23 ft C that served superbly as a camping rig to travel, explore, and spoil grandkids.

Next was a 25 ft A, no slides. Not a bunch biggers, but a better ride and view. Also, the toad came into play. Mobility!

Now, a bigger A, 2 slides, fulltiming.

Drive them all. If it fits, wear it.

Happy trails!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #7

In our case, my DW is more than comfortable driving a 'C', she's driven dozens of rental vans without issue or concern. We test drove an 'A' and she was a little overwhelmed.

Also, because our principle use is as a motel room on wheels, a 'C' is way easier to drive in city traffic, park at the grocery store, etc., etc.

If we were going to spend a month at a time in it, it might be a different story.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
In our case, my DW is more than comfortable driving a 'C', she's driven dozens of rental vans without issue or concern. We test drove an 'A' and she was a little overwhelmed. Also, because our principle use is as a motel room on wheels, a 'C' is way easier to drive in city traffic, park at the grocery store, etc., etc. If we were going to spend a month at a time in it, it might be a different story.
Nice. A C it is for you.
You will have a grand time!

May the journey be your destination!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #9

We have had both and it strictly comes down to preference and what you are comfortable driving. We go to the Hershey Show every year and am amazed at the layouts of the newer Class C's. Depending on the layout they both can be very roomy. Not sure how many beds you need but typically Class C's have more sleeping capacity. We went from a 31' Class C that slept 8, to a 33' Class A gasser that slept 6, to a 38' FRED which sleeps 4. Its all about preference and of course money! You will have a great time in either type.
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
In our case, my DW is more than comfortable driving a 'C', she's driven dozens of rental vans without issue or concern. We test drove an 'A' and she was a little overwhelmed. Also, because our principle use is as a motel room on wheels, a 'C' is way easier to drive in city traffic, park at the grocery store, etc., etc. If we were going to spend a month at a time in it, it might be a different story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Nice. A C it is for you. You will have a grand time! May the journey be your destination!
Um, thanks........ it's been pretty good the last 30 years.

I'm not the OP.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #11

Pros:
Maintenance on a "C" is straight forward for parts and support
Relatively lower cost investment and upkeep
Easier to drive and get around places
Most have all the comforts desired ( generator, TVs, large lavatory, multiple slides, under storage, etc)

Cons:
Front passenger seat not comfortable (Ford has limited leg room)
Limited on weight - since built on truck/van frames, coaches usually on heavy side to begin with
Limited towing capacity - small Toad due to transmission and braking limitation

Advice:
Good tires (never cheap out) and beefed up suspension
Small Toad for better adventures
Do your research on type before buying

Jeff
Fleetwood 31M
Priscilla213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought a class C for: lower price, easier drive-ability, no special license (in most cases), lower taxes (if applicable) and better MPG.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a 2013 Winnebago Aspect 30'. We started as Airstreamers, then small class B+, and now finally have what we wanted. We drove numerous Class A's and while they were nice to drive, We, Too have a problem with egress from the A's. Don't like not having doors in case of emergency. BUT, some A's do have the doors, but the ones we saw were out of our price range.
We never worry about height restrictions/length restrictions, have 3 slides so we feel very comfortable inside with two lazy labs and we have towed a Honda CRV without any problems. Both of us drive and both know how to hook up and do all set up stuff. It's very easy to drive, most people believe that C's lack storage…and most do. But after being Airstreamers for years…we have plenty of storage. Returned from a 7500 mi trip in Sept and had a very safe, comfortable trip.
Oh and before I forget…we take ours to local Ford dealer for any service/warranty work on Ford parts. Makes it pretty easy.
Good luck in your search and take your time!
Andi
Kdsgone2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #14

After 4 years of pulling a nice 22' TT we switched to our 24' Nexus C and love the change. It is small enough to go anywhere but has all of the amenities of the larger motorhomes. Mileage is good and we have lots of storage and payload.
Capt Steve is offline   Reply With Quote