Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2021, 03:25 PM   #1

Talking Class C shower size???

Looking at class c to buy. The only one we have found with a useable shower is some of the larger Jaycos. Most have, what I call, a side ways shower. A larger persons shoulders hit both sides, so you have take a sideways shower. Very uncomfortable. Do any other class C rigs have big showers???? Help, the wedged-in Muffin Man.
studmuffin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2021, 04:38 PM   #2

I have a Thor Axis with a 30 X 36 shower. 30" wide works for me.

While shopping for a new Class C, that will be my minimum shower size.

So far, we have found that size in the Jayco Grayhawk 30Z and the Entegra Odyssey 30Z.

Both MHs have the same exact drive train and floor plan.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:12 PM   #3

I'm 6' 200lbs and have never felt squeezed in our c-class Winnebago. It measures 25"x 38" with glass doors.

Ken
Kenny Loney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Loney View Post
I'm 6' 200lbs and have never felt squeezed in our c-class Winnebago. It measures 25"x 38" with glass doors.

Ken
So your average sized.

I'm not, and appreciate the 5 extra inchs of my shower.Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture%2B_2021-01-14-06-47-58.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	314392
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:54 PM   #5
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
I have an older class C. One reason I bought it is because it has the larger of the two corner walk in showers that are out there.

The shower over the wheel well has become a no go for me as I get older than dirt.

My last RV had the extra 5” twinboat mentioned. But getting up to it is now a no go traveling alone.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 11:19 AM   #6

I recently ordered a Nexus Rebel 30R. I don't know the shower dimensions but it was larger than my Allegro Bus 37' shower.
gorgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 03:00 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Shower Size

My 2020 Entegra Esteem 27U has a large shower. I'm 6ft 250lbs and have no problem and have room to spare.
OldracerJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:50 AM   #8

The other thing I’d recommend is to make sure whatever you’re considering has a low-floor shower. I’m 250 lbs, and can deal with the cramped size of my shower. But I hate the fact that I’m stepping down 10” or so out of the shower with wet feet into a tiny space.

I’m assuming that’s what people mean by walk-in shower, and I doubt it’s a concern on the larger showers. But I’d be a real stickler on that for the next unit.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:48 PM   #9

Check the shower pan before you buy. Actually get in it and see if the pan flex'es under your weight. The pan in my C was so thin I had to add extra support under it. Very flimsy. Some guys have put their foot through it. It's another reason I sold it.
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:09 AM   #10

good size

2021 Entegra Esteem 29V 30x36, massive amount of room. Toilet is also very good and comfortable.
AxlesofEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:24 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by studmuffin1 View Post
Looking at class c to buy. The only one we have found with a useable shower is some of the larger Jaycos. Most have, what I call, a side ways shower. A larger persons shoulders hit both sides, so you have take a sideways shower. Very uncomfortable. Do any other class C rigs have big showers???? Help, the wedged-in Muffin Man.
This is one of the reasons I can’t seriously consider a C. Maybe a super C? I need a big shower as I’m a big guy- both tall and wide.

I keep getting pushback on buying an A for my first purchase, but really that’s one of the top 3 reasons I’m going A. Shower space.
MichaelInNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:26 AM   #12

Talking One more time...

I've said it before and will say it again... If you are over 6' tall, or if the first number when you get on the scale is larger than one you will probably not be all that comfortable in any Class C under 25'. As they get larger your payload shrinks faster than any space gained, grows.

Large Class C's do best when folks are trying to accommodate large numbers of bodies (as in lots of kids/guests}. Many will sleep 6 or more but unfortunately while they provide beds for everyone there is little if anyplace to put their "stuff".

IMHO: If you are a large person seeking a motorhome you will probably have better luck with some sort/size of Class A.

Capt Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by studmuffin1 View Post
We have a Tioga 24D with the standard back wall sideways shower . I'm 6'4" 230lbs. .
To make it work I installed one of the articulated shower rods that bow out the shower curtain when showering and can be bowed into the shower when not used. Actually makes the bathroom feel bigger when bowed into the shower. Also installed a quality personal showerhead and hose.
The shower rod provides enough shoulder room when showering and the showerhead with shutoff gives a good stream of water to get the hard to reach places.
Is it like showering at home ? No , but then neither is the sleeping accomodations .
We wanted a smaller MH for convenience and accepted the compromises that come with that decision.
If the shower is the deciding factor for you , it should simplify your MH choices.
Bill Gail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, shower