RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2020, 04:20 PM   #1

Class C with Garage, other than Thor Outlaw

Hello all.

I am interested in a class c with a small garage similar to the 2021 Thor Outlaw 29S (side ramp). I can't find any other brands for new class c toy haulers. Are there any others or are they just not a popular floor plan?

Thank you!
johnnyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2020, 12:10 PM   #2

I searched and only found the Outlaw.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:04 PM   #3

Probably find something in the older Renegade, Showhauler and so on. All true Super Cís. Best bet to look on racing junk.
Vongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:02 AM   #4

I have a 27í Funmover with a lift gate that I use to haul motorcycles.
Its great for 2 people and small enough to get into the smaller sites.

The big reason you donít see more class c haulers is the 15k max weight limit. Even unladen the rig is heavy so we are very weight conscious when loading. between the weight and the off roading I was shredding tires so I went to the 17.5 truck tires and watch them with TPMS.

Iíve been tempted by the Super Cís and their 25k gvw but would give up a lot of small site access (redwoods) and boondockin.

I watch for the Gulfstream Endura super c toy hauler that was built for just a few years. They looked to be well made and using a popular Freightliner chassis.
Willys714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 11:25 AM   #5

I think you're going to find most all will be super C type. Keeping under 30 ft with even a 10 ft garage doesn't leave much room for living quarters. A low 30s like 33-34 ft is more likely length.
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 03:04 PM   #6

Are you looking to have something to haul a MC or small 4 wheeler ? Have you seen those platforms with 2 - 4 big caster wheels under them ? They have 2 trailer hitches attaching them to the RV . I would think you could enclose them to protect what's inside . You can back up easy with these , unlike a regular trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mainImageTrailer.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	309807   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7190437.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	309808  

TourNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:04 PM   #7

Thanks for all the replies. I'm new to RVing so I'm learning a lot. I appreciate the help!
johnnyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:08 AM   #8

New Class C with a garage: Winnebago EKKO

That is, if you are looking for a bike garage; there is also the Leisure Travel Vans Wonder, both on the Ford Transit. Weight is always going to be the problem.
bbsusieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:17 AM   #9

I originally tried to fit it all into a long tall sprinter and made up layouts in cad but couldnít make it work for two people.
It was tight down to the inch but was able to layout 2 m/cís with folding bunks, toilet and kitchen onto a 20mpg platform.
What didnít work was trying to fit in all the support components like tanks, pumps, batteries, itís eats up any storage or floor space and I lost interest, itís possible but not for me.

Something I learned after owning my moto-home is I really like the lift gate. While shopping I didnít care if it had ramps or the lift gate and found the later models dropped the lift gate cuz of weight issues. We use the lift as an elevated patio while boondocking in the dez, it keeps you up outta the crawly stuff.
Willys714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 05:48 PM   #10
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Look at the Triple E wonder RTB (rear twin bed). It has a full rear garage.

Tags
class c, outlaw, thor