Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Unfortunatly you're all just a scosh off... The weight has almost nothing to do with why C's don't have levelers. On the Sales and marketing side of things, the class C is not considered by most as a full timers RV and are usually built to sleep many many more people and are therfore geared towards family. If you look at an older class C with the Powerstroke Diesel and levelers, it is 'usually' the highest end model any line makes.... The cost associated with a diesel motor and automatic levelers detered most people from one model over another, there could be as much as a $20k difference.
That was 'back in the day', now things are so expensive to begin with i don't think it makes hardly any difference, its just the packages peole choose... I've seen C's A's B's D's and F's with auto levelers, and I've seen them without...
Our new to us SeaView is the first we've owned with levelers and its our 7th RV and 2nd Class A...
TheBeachHous is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
I know someone who just bought a Class 'C' and had levelers installed.
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #17

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would love to put some under mine!!! My only concern is ground clearance since it sits so low. Now we crank scissor jacks PAIN IN THE BUTT.
Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #18

The Bigfoot Leveling system weighs about as much as one adult not that big a deal !
Hdwareman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdwareman View Post
The Bigfoot Leveling system weighs about as much as one adult not that big a deal !
On some C's that I've seen, that could take a big bite out of their CCC.

Over the past 7 years I've been a label viewer. I'm periodically surprised how small some of the numbers are and an extra slide or levellers would leave enough for a 24 pack and not much more.