Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2017, 09:46 AM   #1

Cleaners / Waxes

Pretty sure this has been beat to death, but I could not locate any older threads on this subject. Looking for recommendations for a good cleaner / wash product and wax. I was in contact with Meguiars' earlier today and was recommended to use the RV Marine Gel Wash product for cleaning and then the F;agship Premium Cleaner / Wax as a final product. I have also seen, on other forum(s) people talking about Meguiars' Ultimate Spray and Wax. Since I will be using this on a 2017 full body paint and gel coated MH - what have any of you found to be a good product that is easy to use, does not live streaking, and comes off easily and allows bugs and dirt to come off easily? No such thing as a One Fit Does All product, probably.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2017, 11:09 AM   #2

I use the following forum website for all my cleaning/waxing questions. They are a VERY knowledgeable group and will not lead you astray!

Detailerscafe.com
CampFire Junkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #3

I have been satisfied with using Nu Finish. It goes on easy and wipes off easily. The protection is long lasting, unlike wax products. It is affordable and found at Walmart and auto parts stores.

The Once-a-Year Car Polish | Nu Finish | Nufinish
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:33 PM   #4

Consumer reports says most paste and liquid waxes stay on about 6 weeks when stored outside. Spray waxes last about two weeks.

The article goes on to say how important it is to keep it clean as well as waxed.
TCHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:45 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've used Dry Wash N Guard for years. Lasts over a year and is easy to apply. So the windshield too and rain just runs off.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:56 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I've asked before several times with no answer, so I'll keep trying. Has anyone here used McKees 37 products? The large line of products are developed specifically for RVs. The owner/developer is sitting in his own Dutch Star in the video ad. Don't know if that means anything or not but......

I'm intrigued, anyone try the products? If no one has any input this time, guess I'll try it and post a review myself. [emoji23]

Regards,
W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:28 AM   #7

Our RV is a 2015 Minnie Winnie which has graphics/gel coat/fiberglass roof. I was and still am extremely concerned with protecting the graphics and not damaging the gel coat. I am disappointed that Winnebago will not come right out and say "use this product" or produce their own. So this is what I have used or am currently using.
Marine 31 Gel Coat Spray wax, I have done the entire coach with this product. Spray on wipe off. Now I mainly use it on the fiberglass roof, beginning and end of season (WI).
I also am using Wash Wax All by Aero Cosmetics. wet or waterless wash has a wax in it. Use it mainly in the sides and rear of the coach. I like it as it is fast, but needs frequent application.
The other product I am now using is not really a wax but a polymer sealant called RejeX. After trying this product out on my motorcycle (Harley Ultra : fairing, bags, lots of fiberglass) I was impressed, high gloss, bugs just wiped off with a damp clothe at the end of the day and lasts most of the year. So have been testing it out on the front of the RV so far so good. Note: It is best to have no wax on the surface before applying as if there is wax under the RejeX it will eventually lift the product off.
If all goes well with testing on the front of the RV I will do the sides and roof. Kind of spendy but so was the RV...
Please do your own research on these products as I am no expert and still looking for the next best thing myself.
RV2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:32 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Check the forum for Zep.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:33 AM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
When I bought my last RV, the manufacturer and dealership recommended Protect All. I continue to use it on this one. It's not cheap, but it works. They said it's the best you can use when you have gelcoat or stickers, but they also said it's really good on full paint rigs too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GZT3IO
Old 04-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's one.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/zep-...sh-331851.html
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
When I bought my last RV, the manufacturer and dealership recommended Protect All. I continue to use it on this one. It's not cheap, but it works. They said it's the best you can use when you have gelcoat or stickers, but they also said it's really good on full paint rigs too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GZT3IO
I had not heard of Protect All, I have set manufacturer the specs on my RV, just to make sure about the vinyl graphics, etc. as I didn't see, on their website where they actually mentioned vinyl graphics. Just want to make sure. Yes it appears to be a bit spendy, appears to run $45-$54 a gallon, and I haven't ascertained how much surface that covers. I will/can update after I hear back from Protect All. Thanks for your input!
RV2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:45 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Qwert66
For all base coat- clear coat and the windows we use;
Rejex polymer sealant once every 1-2 years depending

For all other fiberglass roof, tires, plastic, rubber seals, vent and shower covers, ac covers
303 Aerospace protectant once every 3-6 months depending

We use the rig 8-9 months per year and store it inside 3-4 months.

The Rejex people also have a cleaner from Corrosion Technonogies we use to wash the coach.

The only downside of the Rejex is they recommend applying it out of the sunlight and once done you may use a lot of towels whenever you dry it as the water beads up that much.

Works for us.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:53 AM   #13

Colinite Fleet wax. Originally developed for aircraft and marine use.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:14 AM   #14

[emoji106]
CampFire Junkies is offline   Reply With Quote