Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #57
mre

John:

Some manufacturers do not include a manufacturer build weight sheet and I don't remember if the Coachmans I look at did (I have looked at so many). However, all manufacturers are required (my understanding) include a yellow DOT sticker with the vehicle. I have found these stickers found mostly around the driver's door or door jam, as non-divers side door and the coach door. What does yours show?

ed
mre is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2014, 10:02 PM   #58

Thanks John. I'm glad you are enjoying your new MH. I to am not in the position to purchase a several hundred thousand dollar MH and have been really impressed with the Leprechaun. I have searched the Internet until my head hurts and keep coming back to the leprechaun. I went to the Houston RV show this past Thursday and was able to spend some time looking at the 319ds. Thank you for sharing your information and modifications. This will be my first MH and any info is helpful.
Gerald1755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:24 AM   #59

ED, I haven't found any stickers yet, but I'm going to search when I get a chance. Another 319 DS owner said he had a weight sticker and found it in the glove compartment. Mine wasn't there.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #60

Gerald, Your welcome. That's what this forum is all about. Let us know what you end up buying.

At home we have dual recliners that face our TV. What always bothered me with RV's was that you had to watch a TV that was 90 degrees in relation to where you sit to watch. Always wondered why the engineers couldn't design a floor plan where you could sit and watch a TV in front of you. That is what really got my attention when I saw the 319DS. Also, why I got the dual recliners. It's just like home.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #61

ED, I found a sticker on the drivers side door jamb. Tire inflations numbers are there and the empty weight is 12,360. That leaves CCC at 2140. Then you have to deduct water weight and passengers.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #62
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
ED, I found a sticker on the drivers side door jamb. Tire inflations numbers are there and the empty weight is 12,360. That leaves CCC at 2140. Then you have to deduct water weight and passengers.
John:

Thanks. The one I looked at last fall had a CCC of 1550 lbs. That's a 600 lbs difference between your's and the coach I looked at. I don't know where the weight diffiernece lies, but the one I looked at had was pretty well optioned out and the options included a generator, spare tire, and hydraulic jacks. All relatively weights options. How was yours optioned?

ed
mre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #63

ED, I didn't get the camping option which was the pull out table with a sink and the outside fridge and TV. I opted for the dual recliners and fireplace instead.

I have added the jacks and replaced the inside TV with a Sony and put the old one outside, so I would have to deduct weight of extra TV and Jacks. TV is probably only 20 lbs, but not sure of the jacks. Guessing about 150lbs. That will get me around 1950Lbs CCC plus or minus. When I get a chance I will have it weighed.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:19 PM   #64

Hi guys. Nubie here. We just bought a 2000 Leprechaun 305. I've been picking up a lot of info scrolling through iRV. I know our tire pressure is determined by our MHs weight but what should I use until I can get to some scales. When I purchased it they had 81# in all four corners. Is this about right? I thought the fronts we we supposed to be less.

Coments
Old 02-14-2014, 05:45 PM   #65

My fronts are to be 75# and the rear 80# at full gross. You might try 70 and 75 until your weighed. Be sure and check them cold....
Old 02-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
My fronts are to be 75# and the rear 80# at full gross. You might try 70 and 75 until your weighed. Be sure and check them cold....
Hi John. Much obliged for the quick come back. I'll go ahead and back off my pressure and then see if I can remember how to put the new numbers in my TPMS.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Moore View Post
Hi John. Much obliged for the quick come back. I'll go ahead and back off my pressure and then see if I can remember how to put the new numbers in my TPMS.
A quick update John. I am presently in Perry GA at the FMCA National rally. I ran at your suggested suggested 70 lbs front 75 rear for most of the trip with 1/3 or less in all the water tanks. But when I weighed I had a full tank of gas and fresh water with grey & black empty. In that configuration I had 45%-55% front to rear load on the axels which called for 65 to 70 lbs pressure in the front tires and 75 to 80 lbs in the back. Also running 65 lbs in the air bags. No driving issues so far, wander, sway etc. A little bit of push then pull from air blast when a truck passes me but nothing startling. Been a good trip so far.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:51 AM   #68

Glad to hear that worked out for you. Have a safe and great trip.....
Old 06-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #69

Hello John,
Read your posts, got my interest as I have a 2015 Leprechaun 319ds on order with delivery hopefully in 2-3 weeks.
I noticed you have had yours a few months now and was hoping for an update. While a few people suggested other brands I found nothing came close in overall layout and value. I am downsizing from a Winnebago Journey and I really like the quality of that RV. Just wondering if the quality meet your expectations and if your happy with your purchase or do you wish you would have purchase something different.
thanks
jdb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #70

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
if u look at any tire manf spec sheet they all say 65 max on single &80 on dual w/ 225/75/16. never go over that
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen