Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2021, 06:00 PM   #1

Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS - Tank Under the Bed

So I understand that instead of monsters under the bed, there's a freshwater tank in there instead in my rig. How do I get to it? We lifted the mattress, and removed two long screws from either corner on the bottom of the bed base, but it still won't budge to lift, and we don't see anymore screws? We don't have an issue right now, but if we ever do, it would be nice to know how to do this.

Thanks in advance!
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2021, 06:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
So I understand that instead of monsters under the bed, there's a freshwater tank in there instead in my rig. How do I get to it? We lifted the mattress, and removed two long screws from either corner on the bottom of the bed base, but it still won't budge to lift, and we don't see anymore screws? We don't have an issue right now, but if we ever do, it would be nice to know how to do this.

Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure there's any advantage to be able to see your fresh water tank, if there's a problem that might be related to it.
What sort of problems are you expecting that will require access to the water tank?
Sanitize/add water to it before heading out, and make sure it's empty before storing it in colder months, and that's about all you'll need to know.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:57 PM   #3

I don't know how it is in a Coachmen but in my class C Fleetwood there's the platform under the mattress that hinges up, and then there's a false bottom that you pull out of very thin plywood. I made a support to prop it up like you would a car hood. That's where the water pump, drain valves and filter are.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:41 PM   #4

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Why go looking for problems? Chances you’ll ever have to remove it are about zero.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:28 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
To access your water tank, you have to go into the large rear compartment (drivers side) and remove the panel on the far side.....Bruce
Old 08-01-2021, 04:40 PM   #6

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
It sounds like you are not familiar with the purpose of water tank. You fill your tank from an outside water source. Read your manual, or go on line to get information.
ArtConsRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:08 PM   #7

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
On Our 2019 Leprechaun 270QB the platform the mattress lies on lifts up. It is hinged. Our water pump and winterizing kit is there as well. Also where the low point fresh water drains are. Strangest setup we've encounter for low point drains. There is a tab on each line that pulls up that opens the drain. Small and hard for my aging eyes to see. Hope this helps the OP.
Old 08-01-2021, 08:13 PM   #8

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Well ... if you keep your motorhome for a few years you'll see some issues. Here's a couple I've had in the 16 years of owning our Class C that required me to get at the plumbing under the bed:

1. I'm on my 3rd water pump I had to install underneath the bed.

2. One of those plastic valves used for low point drains started leaking after a few years, so I had to disable one of the valves and route tubing around it.

Ours DOES NOT have a hinge in the under-bed platform to get at the plumbing, so working down there is not much fun!
Phil G. is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, tank