Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #1

Cost of New Shocks?

I am a newbie having just bought my first RV. I believe it needs new shocks as it does a lot of bouncing. It is a 22' 1992 Tioga Ford 350. Can anyone give me an idea of what new shocks should cost including installation? As an unknowledgeable female most mechanics will attempt to take advantage and overcharge. I have already had a bad experience with an rv dealership attempting to overcharge for some very minor repair work until I threatened to expose him on Craigslist. Will heavy duty shocks cost me an arm AND a leg or just the arm?
smiybrneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #2

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Congrats and welcome to the forum, check with multiple garages not just the RV repair or dealers, if you were here in Kansas I would install them for free or at least a sandwich
You can order them online as long as your sure of your make and model Discount Auto Shocks - Auto Shocks at Wholesale Prices
Many places online to get them and you ahold also check out the IRV2 sponser pages they may have them as well and any shop can install.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #3

Thanks! For an offer like that I wish I were in Kansas!
Old 07-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Go to monroe's web page put in your specs and find out part #'s then check Ebay I got a pair of rears with springs around them for 70.00w/shipping. I installed them myself though but shocks aren't that hard or complicated to install if they try to charge you for more than a hour labor they are ripping you off.
Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #5

Thank you for the info.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #6

You can get Bilsteins online for around $400ish for 4 and installation at the Ford delership is about $150ish. You may find better deals, but this is what I have found.
But, whatever it ends up being, it makes a world of difference!
CamperKirk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shocks