Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2017, 02:28 PM   #1

Cramped drivers seat

Well I have a class C E450 Fleetwood, Searcher. I'm 6'3" and this thing is hard to get comfty with slide out in. My seat back presses against it and I sure could use a few more inches. I bought this from a passed away friends wife so I didn't check it out real well.(if you were wondering) So what I'm asking is has anyone modified the side of the slide out to gain leg room?
Lonnie and Allie, 2014 26' Fleetwood Searcher. Retired from US Army and the Boeing Co. Life Member: NRA, 4th US Cav Assco., 25 Infantry DIV. Member of AARP, AUSA, NCOIA, Purple Heart Assoc, DAV, Sgt Major US Army Brotherhood of Tankers.
Lonallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2017, 02:58 PM   #2

I'm 6'2". Everyone says "it must be great to be tall". Not so much when you have to drive or fly.

You could consider getting a different driver's seat. There are a couple of companies that specialize in replacement seats and such...you could ask them if there are alternative seats with maybe a thinner back/headrest.
hilgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 03:05 PM   #3

Seat Back

Yes that might be my only option...wished I could modify the slider-out corner...but that mess it up for who ever the next owner might be...ugh**
Lonnie and Allie, 2014 26' Fleetwood Searcher. Retired from US Army and the Boeing Co. Life Member: NRA, 4th US Cav Assco., 25 Infantry DIV. Member of AARP, AUSA, NCOIA, Purple Heart Assoc, DAV, Sgt Major US Army Brotherhood of Tankers.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:10 PM   #4

Towed truck?

Friend, I just noticed that you tow your truck? Is that right? I've been thinking of what to tow or drag but wifes SUV and my 4 door Malibu seem too long...never thought about towing my F250 Super cab...it's a long bed but wonder how it would two...never have seen a pick-up towed before
Old 08-30-2017, 03:30 PM   #5

Towing the F150 is the best of all worlds. It's only a little heavier than a Jeep (at least my 2017 F150, which is aluminum), it's 4x4 (like a Jeep), drives really smooth (UNLIKE a Jeep), has a bed in which I can toss anything I don't want in the RV (unlike a Jeep) such as the poop hauler, bikes, etc.

It's about 5500 lbs as-towed, and would exceed the towing capacity of many Class C's. Our Sunseeker has a 7500 lb hitch, so it's no issue. Looking at the 2014 Searcher (from the brochure I just pulled up) it appears you have a 5000 lb hitch, so you are limited to vehicles under 5000 lbs (as-towed, which means however you would load it when towing it). There should be a sticker on the hitch that indicates the max towing weight.
hilgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:20 PM   #6

towing

I'll have to look into that...thanks for the ideas

Tags
driver