Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2021, 10:35 AM   #1

De-winterize anti freeze question

This is my first spring with our Forest River Sunseeker 3050. I did winterize with the pink anti freeze last winter. I know I need to sanitize my fresh water tank ( I did not put any anti freeze in there ). Do I need to remove the anti freeze from the gray and black tanks? Or is it okay to wait until we use the RV for a trip and dump the gray/black tanks?
RaShiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2021, 11:39 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Answers are yes, no, and yes. 1)The fresh water tank had some moisture due to condensation so there could be some nasty stuff growing. Put about a cup of bleach with half tank of water in the tank (ratio isn't critical). Let it sit overnite, then drain the tank, rinse 1 or 2 times, then refill. I use bottled water for at least first time out for drinking, until there is ZERO smell of bleach coming from faucet. The other thing I've done after bleaching the tank is to leave it in while driving first day, then use a full hookup site, open the greay water tank and open the faucets flushing system out 2) No need to do anything with these tanks, 3) OK to leave wastewater tanks as is until you use coach.

Enjoy the lifestyle see you down the road
Skip Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 01:31 PM   #3

Thanks Skip Y. I did do the bleaching of the fresh water tank last year but I like your suggestions. Good to hear it is okay to leave the anti freeze in the gray and black tanks.
Thanks again. I have so much to learn.
RaShiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 10:30 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
1/2 tank of (bleach solution/ mixture) does not sanitize the UPPER portion that is not immersed; tank should be FILLED
Old 05-17-2021, 10:43 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Add bleach to main tank. Run water to every facet until you smell bleach. Also run it through the water heater. Let sit, how long depends on concentration of bleach. Dump fresh water tank and water heater. Refill and run the system until no more bleach smell from any facet. Special procedures may be needed for ice maker, washers, etc.

Some people sanitize their system every few weeks, some never do it for years.
rarebear.nm is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
free, winter, winterize