Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #29

scraper

We removed the material stuck to the fibreglass with an electric vibrating scraper, it cleaned it right off for us.
Fein ( Germany ) makes an expensive one, now they are inexpensive, Chinese, at Harbor Freight. Keep the scraper ground sharp, hold it at a shallow angle and don't press too hard.
I discovered that tool by watching the guys at a trailer repair shop.
aeroshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2013, 06:18 AM   #30

delamination

he above two posts would've made lots more sense if I had thought about it a bit more and recalled what we actually did. Obviously didn't glue the styrofoam directly to the outside fibreglass..the construction from out side in is fibreglass, luan, foam, then luan with pre-applied wallpaper. The vibrating scraper worked well for removing the old wood stuck to the fibreglass. Sorry for my confusion it's been a long time.
aeroshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
I know I'm a "Johnny Come Lately" on this but I was reading up on de-lam because my neighbor found some on his recently acquired MH.

The picture you show on the whole window area shows de-lam above the window. I think you may have mis-diagnosed the problem, it had to start above the window.
No above the window is still laminated up to the roof, My window of good weather slammed shut, so I had to stop and install the window, and quickly seal all possible leaks on roof and seams. Got that done.

The wall came out ok in my opinion and is solid as a rock. Now just have to do it in the other three places I found. They are minor in comparison but i might as well finish what I started.

Time to Take it to the lake for the weekend, I'll get a pic when it's in the same position in the drive so you can see the difference.
SS fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS fan View Post
No above the window is still laminated up to the roof, My window of good weather slammed shut, so I had to stop and install the window, and quickly seal all possible leaks on roof and seams. Got that done.

The wall came out ok in my opinion and is solid as a rock. Now just have to do it in the other three places I found. They are minor in comparison but i might as well finish what I started.

Time to Take it to the lake for the weekend, I'll get a pic when it's in the same position in the drive so you can see the difference.
I'm confused, what are the big blisters above the window in the picture you posted in #14 post of this thread. I don't doubt your word, but what in world are they?
Old 08-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club

Interesting fiberglass wall replacement with what appears to be wood product?
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Looks like bead board panels ???
Lot of work, to be commended, wonder what Aluminum .060 4 x 8 sheets would cost.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #35

I thought the same thing till I got close, it radiates from the window, still does, maybe the next round of epoxy will make it up there.

We had fun camping at the Lake, every one we met were very friendly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2678[1].jpg
Views:	113
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	45305  
Old 09-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #36

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
I'm confused, what are the big blisters above the window in the picture you posted in #14 post of this thread. I don't doubt your word, but what in world are they?
Sure looks like the same type of problem above the window as below to me too.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #37

Thats correct I really think the window leaked within minutes of leaving the factory. It filled the wall 19' even up from the window frame. I only had a short time to leave it open, so I haven't fixed the top yet. The house ran good, so I will keep fixing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2674[1].jpg
Views:	325
Size:	305.9 KB
ID:	45341  
Old 09-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Looks much better.