Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #1

Did I get a good deal on my Freelander?

I wish I could have found this forum prior to purchasing our motorhome but, figure I'd ask this anyway. We purchased a 2008 Coachmen Freelander 3150SS back in Feb. The dealer was asking 57,500. We ended up paying 48,500. It had 14300 miles, was in great shape inside and out. We have really enjoyed it the last few months. Just want to know what a good price would have been or if what we paid was a great deal??
Thanks
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-120300136.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	503.0 KB
ID:	20540   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-246107231.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	507.4 KB
ID:	20541  

Martino78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #2

Good deal or not --- if you and your family are happy that is 99% of the goal. Your rig looks really nice and low miles -- hope you have plenty of time to enjoy.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #3

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma-n-Gpa
Good deal or not --- if you and your family are happy that is 99% of the goal. Your rig looks really nice and low miles -- hope you have plenty of time to enjoy.
X2. Now is not the time to wonder if it was a good deal or you got taken. It's yours now so enjoy it as much as you can. if you purchase another one in the future you can always look back and learn from this one. Nice looking coach have fun
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #4

We purchased a 2012 Coachmen Freelander 32 BH and paid in the mid 60's new. It stickered in the low 80's .

Bottom line I don't think you got a bad deal we love ours for the money it is hard to beat

Enjoy
csdavis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Every time I buy a Big Ticket Item there is always a nagging doubt about whether I got scr**** or not. Face it, most people don't have a lot of experience in Big Ticket Negotiation, and the d(st)ealers know this, be it car, motorhome or whatever. And that's how they make money.
If you are happy with your motorhome, that's what really matters. In the long run a few bucks (or even more) won't mean beans when it comes to your family's happiness.
FWIW, I think you did just fine. Better than what I paid for our Winnie....
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

There's always going to be someone who got "a BETTER deal." Sounds like you got a fair price and a gorgeous rig. Congrats!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #7

I'd say you got a fair price. Don't look back. Just enjoy. The relationship with the dealer is pretty important though.
Put79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #8

The reason I am asking is because I wanted to know if I can trust the dealer I bought it from. They seem really nice but, wouldn't want to continue spending money there if I was taken advantage of.
Martino78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
It is funny you should ask this question. My coach is 9 months old and has 3500 miles on it. Originally with all the options plus the options I had the dealer install it's sticker price was more than 100k but according to the book it is currently worth around 65k trade in value. I see similar used units to mine listed for around 85k.
The beauty of buying a used coach is that it makes both the dealership and the customer happy. The customer gets an RV in good condition for far less than the same unit sold for new. The dealership gets more profit than from a new coach. If the coach fits your budget and meets your needs you got a great deal. If you had to settle because the one you liked had been brutally used and needed a great deal of work or this coach doesn't meet you needs you got a bad deal.
It sounds like you are happy with the unit's performance and it meets your needs so I would say you got a good deal.
Davinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:45 AM   #10

A dealer is in business to make money. He has to make a profit or close down.

As the buyer it's your job to find the unit that fits you and get it for the best price you can find at that time and place.

It may be that you get the best price in town/state/country, or not. We do our best trying to get the lowest price but must remember that aftermarket service is worth something also. With every new rig there is some things just not right and a dealer with a good after sale service record is worth something.

We ordered a 2010 after looking at the same model 2009. By the end of 2010 the basic unit we ordered was selling for less than we paid by about $5000, but by that time I had added almost that for extras and add ons and am very happy with what we have. Ours is only 25 ft. but we have spent the last 5 months traveling the country in it and hope to be in Alaska by July.
EdOsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinger View Post
It is funny you should ask this question. My coach is 9 months old and has 3500 miles on it. Originally with all the options plus the options I had the dealer install it's sticker price was more than 100k but according to the book it is currently worth around 65k trade in value. I see similar used units to mine listed for around 85k.
The beauty of buying a used coach is that it makes both the dealership and the customer happy. The customer gets an RV in good condition for far less than the same unit sold for new. The dealership gets more profit than from a new coach. If the coach fits your budget and meets your needs you got a great deal. If you had to settle because the one you liked had been brutally used and needed a great deal of work or this coach doesn't meet you needs you got a bad deal.
It sounds like you are happy with the unit's performance and it meets your needs so I would say you got a good deal.
Wow! I'm surprised because that seems like a very high value for a 1 yr old coach. I don't know what kind of options you've added but I've heard that you don't get much (any?) credit for them on a trade or even private resale. RVDirect.com has Grayhawk 31FS's with MSRP's at just under $100 & I recently did a custom quote with them for one pretty decked out & it came in at $68.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:41 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
What they ask and what they will sell them for is two different things. Mine is a 2011 Jayco 31FS without an inverter but has pretty much everything else plus a few options I added like the Bigfoot Auto leveling system, slide out awnings and other things. The MSRP after upgrades came to around 107K. I didn't pay anywhere near that when I picked it up.
Davinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:56 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I wouldn't really worry about it being a good deal or not at this point. As long as you're enjoying it that's all that counts.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #14

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Nice rig!

Did you get a good deal? I think so but let's ask a couple of questions!

1. Do you like the floor plan and features your RV has?

2. Were you excited when you got in, started the motor and drove away from the dealership?

If you answerd yes to these two questions then you got a good deal regardless of whatever price you paid!

Don't let someone elses opinion of what a good deal is, take away your excitment!
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote