RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2020, 03:50 PM   #29

I'd check out the Gulfstream BT Cruiser. Efficient use of space and 1st class comfort. Limited basement storage. Beautiful vehicles though.

TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2020, 05:01 PM   #30

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Aspect Class C does not have the huge overhang

Old 06-29-2020, 09:24 PM   #31

Our 2013 Jayco Melbourne 29RD has the tv & cabinets. We love it. Also way more aerodynamic
Skip3762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:04 PM   #32
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Many of the newer class c's have relocated the seams from the corners of the overhang to alleviate the leak potential. That area is a great storage area if you aren't going to use it for it's intended purpose.
https://enjoying-life.net
Spdracr39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 03:20 PM   #33

Check out Itasca Cambria/Winnebago Aspect/Winnebago Cambria, which is called a C+. Really nice; I have a Cambria 27K which is 29 feet long. They have shorter and longer ones. I'm actually looking to downsize to a Class B because I'm not traveling full time anymore.
DebbyDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 03:50 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
Winnebago Aspect is another.

Not sure I'd call a 32'4", triple slide motorhome a Class B. Like someone said, C- seems more appropriate.

Winnebago Aspect

Yup we had one for a couple years and really liked it, sold it to our best friends and they love it. It has been discontinued.
Capt Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 03:57 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrocharlie View Post
For 2 adults that overhead is a waste of space and a source of cracks, delaminations and leaks.
Our Navion doesn’t have it, and we love it that way!!!
Fairgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 04:18 PM   #36

Class B+

We had a Safari by Damara...it was a Class B+ with only the entertainment center above the cab. It was a nice rig...we just didn't like the fold out bed being the only bed.
WoollyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 04:50 PM   #37

You should check out leisurevans.com after looking at Coach House.
Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:11 PM   #38

This is the model that we had...
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...S31-5012523656

And bearing in mind, it was a Thor and we lost zero time and had very minimal warranty work.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:50 PM   #39

I owned a 30' 2007 BT Cruiser until recently and really enjoyed the view out the front without the overhang that hides stop signals. Never had any leaks, cracks or problems of any kind with it structurally. All the cabinetry with the entertainment center and TV were very attractive and functional. I would recommend one of these B+ models new or used. Good Luck in your search.
jgarner401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:54 PM   #40

Gulf Streamers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Yes you can buy a few RV models without the bunk space, but there is still a raised roof above the cab seats to stand up. But we wonder if that is really even an issue. We understand not wanting to use the bunk area for sleeping because it is difficult to get into, and a bit claustrophobic for the person on the inside. Think of the disturbance if one person needs to make a bathroom visit in the middle of the night.

However that same bunk area is frequently used for storage or a large entertainment center. We have been snowbirds with the bunk filled with bulky snow parkas, boots, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrocharlie View Post
For 2 adults that overhead is a waste of space and a source of cracks, delaminations and leaks.
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:57 PM   #41

Call it whatever class you want - https://coachmenrv.com/class-c-motorhomes/concord I was pretty close to buying one, but I stumbled onto a Coachmen Leprechaun that I liked - just got home from a week in it. You can have the overhead converted to storage of one sort or another - have thought about doing that, but don't really need more storage right now.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:00 PM   #42

Yes. They are called B+. Not just B. We had one we loved. It was a Jayco Melbourne with opposite slides in the front. Very easy to drive.

Cappycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c