Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yup, you are looking at your 3/8" winterizing line/valve, not your drain line. Your drain line is actually a larger diameter (3/4" blue PEX) hose than all of your other lines, and it already goes through the floor (and it's not capped). Go online to www.winnebagoind.com and download the plumbing diagrams for your coach. Your drain line can be seen on page 3, on detail CC & CE, the valve is designated V-21 in detail CE; you are mistakenly looking at V-27 (in detail CC).
4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2017, 03:21 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4van View Post
Your drain line is actually a larger diameter (3/4" blue PEX).
I wish my fresh water drain was 3/4. I have a 2017 winnebago sunstar 29ve and the fresh water drain is 1/2" blue pex.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:30 AM   #17

Thanks everyone for all of your inputs and comments!! I did find the drain line and thanks to all of you, I now know what that plastic line is for--"winterizing".
Always nice to see people who take the time to help others! Again, thank you All!
Mcpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:47 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by crh97 View Post
Not sure yet what you are asking. But, the short hose with the plug is for winterizing. Stick it in the pink stuff and get your valves right and turn on the pump.

There is a valve that opens the drain hose that goes thru the floor. It's pretty obvious on my coach. It's slow but it works.
You have the same coach I now own and I am unable to turn the 'black' valve under the bed to drain the fresh water tank. Just purchased used & unsure of how long that water has been sitting. The valve just doesn't budge and I don't want to bust it and have water fill the coach. Any suggestions?? Thank you. Barb
blt4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:58 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcpowder View Post
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to help me!
I am currently contacting Winnebago with my questions.
Evidently I was not very clear in my initial post. Apologies to all!

I do know where the Fresh Water Tank Drain Valve is located. There is access to it under the mattress.
There is also a two foot clear plastic tube attached to the water pipe coming from the Drain Valve.
That plastic tube is plugged with a "screwed in cap". The tube is only attached to the water line. I can move the plastic tube.
If I remove that "screwed in cap" and open the Drain Valve, I do not see any drain hole for the water to drain.
My "plan" is to see how Winnebago responds. I have a funny feeling I will be heading to a Hardware Store to get fittings so I can attach the plastic drain tube to a garden hose.
Again, Thanks to Everyone!
I think you are looking at the wrong valve. Our Itasca has that small clear 2 foot tube with a plug on it. I have never had to open that one up as i believe it is for winterization purposes. On the front of the tank is a big ole, i'm thinking, 1 inch valve that drains straight through the bottom of the floor. I'll bet yours has something like this but maybe in a not so easy to spot spot.

Edited,, did it again, should have read the whole thread before posting.

OP, glad you figured it out.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:51 PM   #20

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Avoiding draining on the ground?

There's a lot of supposition here and the OP has not replied with clarifications or with his end solution. I am pondering a similar situation - I don't want to drain the fresh water tank on the ground (still having some water with antifreeze in it). For now I'd like to drain it into the grey tank without having to run the pump and open faucets.Then I could just dump the grey tank. Would kinda be nice to run a (garden) hose from that drain to the dump (or another opening) so I can see wanting an adapter to a garden hose fitting.
R_2ndWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:12 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt4u View Post
You have the same coach I now own and I am unable to turn the 'black' valve under the bed to drain the fresh water tank. Just purchased used & unsure of how long that water has been sitting. The valve just doesn't budge and I don't want to bust it and have water fill the coach. Any suggestions?? Thank you. Barb
Make sure you are turning the valve the correct direction. Not sure what kind of valve it is, my View has a brass quarter turn ball valve for the tank drain, it is is the normal handle CCW (looking at the handle side of the valve). Some China made valves turn backwards, with CW opening them, and CCW closing them.

Another option is to use the pump to pump the water out, either into the waste tanks via the faucets, or thru the outside shower (remove the head from the hose for better flow).

Charles

Tags
fresh water, tank, water