Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2020, 07:13 PM   #1

Dump hose help needed

I just found that one end of the dump hose is broken on my 2007 Coach House Platinum. Recommended brands and whatever else I may need are appreciated. Also, what length is best?
Thanks for the help.
Bassetbait
bassetbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2020, 07:20 PM   #2

Rhino Flex is a good hose.....available at Wally World......I carry 30', as one never knows how much will be needed..
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 08:07 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We use Rhino and full time. I carry a 20 ft, and two 10 ft hoses and have had to use it all at times.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 02:29 PM   #4

Get the Rhino Flex 15 ft RV Sewer Hose Kit Model 39762. That one has removable fittings. You can identify it by the black locking ring just behind each fitting. DO NOT get Model 39761, it has glued on fittings that are prone to failure. There is no black locking ring at each fittings. Then get the new Flexible Drain Hose Adapter. It is a better connection to the camp ground’s sewer drain. Since your MH is shorter than the normal Class A you will be able to position your rig on the pad so 15 will work and it will fit in you bumper storage. If necessary you could add a 5 ft extension and still store in your bumper. With the 39762 you have the option to salvage the fittings and replace only the hose portion.
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:03 PM   #5

Coachman Jay, once again, you have saved me! Many thanks to you!
Is this the extension you are referring to?
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39319-F...2?crid=2JMRIZQ
Also, is this something I would need?
Camco Rhino Blaster Sewer Tank Rinser with Gate Valve - Securely Attaches to Your RV Sewer Outlet to Jet Rinse Out Residue, Black Flow Preventer Prevents Hose Contamination - (39085)

As we speak, I am getting new tires with metal valve stems and TPMS, SafeTplus, and castor °5. I ordered the stems, tpms and SafeTplus direct to save some money. I've already ripped the rear bumper off, but I am not worried about that.
Regards,
Bassetbait
Old 05-05-2020, 03:11 PM   #6

Yes that is the one. The blaster would be a good idea if your MH does not have a built in rinse. Some CH models do.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:17 AM   #7

i put a rinser in my tank wouldnt leave home without one

DREAMER
FMCA 200924
push toy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:06 AM   #8

Before you spend money on a flusher that fits the outlet valve of your black tank, watch this video. If there's any bends in the outlet pipe the flusher won't do a thing.

astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:17 AM   #9

Wow! Thank you Tom for the great video info. I guess I will save some money and skip the whole thing. I don't know if I have a tank rinser built in but will check it out. There is a sprayer inside, next to the toilet, but that is all I know.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:57 PM   #10

Bassetbait
Don’t be to quick to give up on the Rhino Blaster. Yes, the video was very enlightening, but not totally applicable to the CH. The CH waste line is pretty much a straight line to the tank. This is easy to check as the line is visible under the rig. the Rhino Blaster appears to shoot straight into the pipe with an increased velocity nozzle and thus the tank, no elbows. If you have a tank flush you will see a hose connection at the back end of the utility bay. The wand in the bathroom is primarily to rinse the toilet or??? The Rhino Blaster with the valve is a very good option.
Jay
Old 05-06-2020, 09:20 PM   #11

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You can buy new hose fittings in the $7 range, new hose/ kits $50-$75; might be worth some study/ exam? https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39543-T..._t1_B000BPR13I
Old 05-10-2020, 09:43 AM   #12

Carolina Campers
The method I use is different and been using this for many years. I bought a long stem garden sprinkler from Walmart. It takes a garden hose connection and a on/off type fitting. After draining my tanks, I attach this sprinkler to a hose (not my drink hose) and insert this down the commode. As I turn it around I find it cleans the walls and the bottom very clean. If you have a hose already attached to your toilet for rinsing you may be able to rig this up.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:06 AM   #13

For a different solution. I use a Valtera Sewer Solution setup when on FHU sites. I bought my setup as parts, not buying their hose. For the hose, at a big box store I bought a 75' 3/4" "Farm and Ranch" garden hose. I cut the hose into 7' lengths and cut up some 3/4" copper pipe to use as connectors. I generally carry about 45' of hose, more than enough to reach any sewer connection. Upside is these hoses are virtually indestructible. Obviously, a 3/4 inch hose dumps slower than a slinky, but on FHU sites, I do my main dump the night before a departure and just a clean out in the morning. The Sewer Solution is a water jet driven macerator. You do NOT need to run water the entire time you are dumping, just when something plugs up the works. FWIW, I also carry a low cost slinky for times when I need to use a dump station. I have most of the sewer stuff stored in a pair of fence post sleeves mounted under my trailer.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:23 AM   #14

I concur with using the Rhinoflex hose, it is very high quality and wear-resistant. I also like to use a hose rinser after the dump, it lessens the stinky slinky stinkiness while it's being stored.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39533-S.../dp/B011CYIODW

P.S. Don't use your white fresh water hose for this as the Amazon illustration depicts