Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2014, 08:46 PM   #1

Dump station or honey wagon?

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1412130921.933750.jpg
Views: 1465
Size:  40.7 KB

Many of you probably don't have to think about this problem because you are in a full hook up park. I will be renting a private half acre RV lot in the Lake Havasu City area this winter. While there is electric, water, telephone hookups and so on, there is no sewer connection. I have 2, 50 gallon waste tanks, both black and grey. While most people would suggest I go to the dump station, I am not thrilled with the idea of navigating busy city street every week in a big RV to find a good dump station. I know there are RV sewage removal services that will come to my RV twice a week. But how much do they cost? Has anyone here in the irv2 community used such services before? Just trying to get a good idea of the best way to take care of sewage removal when no connection is present. So I welcome any suggestion. Especially from those of you who might have lived in a similar setup before.

1979 Dodge Tioga Class C 24 foot. 1987 Fleetwood Bounder 34 Foot.
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2014, 09:24 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Why is there no sewer on a 'private half acre lot'? Is it a building lot? Is there sewer at the street?

Where is the nearest dump station? Plan to drive there every 4-6 days depending on how frugal you are.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:26 PM   #3

It's a fairly new lot, so no sewer line has been installed yet.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:12 AM   #4

Quote:
I know there are RV sewage removal services that will come to my RV twice a week. But how much do they cost?
Your location is a mystery to us, so why don't you ring that service and get a quote.

Truck and operator - say 1 hour special journey just for you - would $100 a trip cover it.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:29 AM   #5

iRV2 No Limits Club
Once a week may be more than enough, depending on the number of people and the size of the holding tanks.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:38 AM   #6

I think I would find another place to camp that have full hookups.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #7

To be honest, either you go to them or they come to you and you pay whatever the cost is. Best to call a local company and see. Hard to estimate costs as you may get a better price if the area around you has campgrounds or homes with septic. If not, see if there is a construction site or place that is renting porta potties nearby. If there is, they may be able to catch you when they go for service and give you a price break cs a separate trip.
jdoran1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:55 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
JACKPOTS in Lake Havasu will pump an RV.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhly View Post
JACKPOTS in Lake Havasu will pump an RV.
Hey thanks stuhly. Rumor has it that Jackpots charges $40 to $60 per month for those who sign a season long contract. But that of course is if there are other RViers in the area that require the same service. Might be wrong but I will call them and check it out.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:14 AM   #10

How do I with sewer removal??

Quote:
Originally Posted by macantic View Post
I think I would find another place to camp that have full hookups.
The only reason I chose this location. Is because is it much cheaper than a regular RV park, and this is prime half acre property in Havasu. Even If i have to drive to the dump station once a week, a lot of people aren't going to get a half acre on the east side of town all to themselves all season long.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
Once a week may be more than enough, depending on the number of people and the size of the holding tanks.
It's just me and my 8 year old poodle. I have friends and family that live around the property, but they don't share living space on the property or in the RV.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #12

A few suggestions, don't know whether they will work for you.
Will the lot owner allow you to dig a "dry well". These are typically 50 gallon drums buried in the ground and filled with various sizes of gravel. It will allow you to dump you GREY water ONLY. We used that for our washer when we re modeled an old farm house. Didn't want to run the washer into the septic tank. Perfectly an acceptable practice in areas that do not specifically prohibit it. Just change all your soaps to biodegrade able.
If you have an SUV or pickup you could get a large tote for the back. Use a macerator pump to empty the black tank into the tote. Drive the tote to the nearest dump station. KOA campgrounds typically charge $15 to dump.
Best I can come up with.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Several options. For pump outs look in the yellow pages under Porta-Potties or whatever they are called there and call those companies. They can come and pump you out on a schedule if you wish.

Option 2 would be to install a proper sanitary system

Option 3 woudl be to encourage city to install a line to that lot.

NOTE: Line need only be a few feet inboard of the sidewalk, you can use a macerator to get there.. Just a line and an elbow and a cap.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Several options. For pump outs look in the yellow pages under Porta-Potties or whatever they are called there and call those companies. They can come and pump you out on a schedule if you wish.

Option 2 would be to install a proper sanitary system

Option 3 woudl be to encourage city to install a line to that lot.

NOTE: Line need only be a few feet inboard of the sidewalk, you can use a macerator to get there.. Just a line and an elbow and a cap.
I have been considering investing in a macerator pump. A honey wagon might not be to bad of an idea depending on the types available. A 100 gallon towable honey wagon would surely increase the time between dump station stops. Thanks!

Tags
removal