Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2021, 03:20 PM   #1

Dynamax 2005-2008 Dynaquest m320xl

Hi folks,

Anyone have any experience with this rig?

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2021, 11:15 AM   #2

I owned an 07 Grand Sport on the M2 chassis. Several similarities to the model in your post, what are you wondering about?
bhammond1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 08:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammond1980 View Post
I owned an 07 Grand Sport on the M2 chassis. Several similarities to the model in your post, what are you wondering about?
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am wondering about the quality and how it handles on the road.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:07 AM   #4

Mine was a Dynamax Grand Sport 380. It was heavy for the chassis and could become a handful on rough roads. I would think that a 32 foot would be much better. I had the Cat C7 with the Allison 3000MH trans. The engine was set at the factory to 350HP. As for power, it was sufficient, I never towed anything more than a Jeep Wrangler. My average MPG was about 7.5 at 65MPH. Quality of the cab and chassis were what you would expect from Freightliner. In 5 years of ownership I never had any issues with the chassis and drive train.
Now the coach. During the years prior to 2010 Dynamax took a lot of pride in their wood work and mine was beautiful. All of the cabinets were solid wood with dovetailed drawers, mine were solid cherry. Cabinet tops were corian, looked and held up well. I removed the carpet and replaced it with high end composite (looks like wood) flooring. We did this just because we didn't like carpet in the high traffic living area. All appliances were high quality and we never had any issues with any of them. I upgraded the entertainment system including all tv's, surround sound, Trav'ler antenna and OTA antenna. My gripe with Dynamax was the shady wiring practices. I ended up replacing, reworking several areas that were put together sub-standard. I'll send some pics if you're interested.
bhammond1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammond1980 View Post
Mine was a Dynamax Grand Sport 380. It was heavy for the chassis and could become a handful on rough roads. I would think that a 32 foot would be much better. I had the Cat C7 with the Allison 3000MH trans. The engine was set at the factory to 350HP. As for power, it was sufficient, I never towed anything more than a Jeep Wrangler. My average MPG was about 7.5 at 65MPH. Quality of the cab and chassis were what you would expect from Freightliner. In 5 years of ownership I never had any issues with the chassis and drive train.

Now the coach. During the years prior to 2010 Dynamax took a lot of pride in their wood work and mine was beautiful. All of the cabinets were solid wood with dovetailed drawers, mine were solid cherry. Cabinet tops were corian, looked and held up well. I removed the carpet and replaced it with high end composite (looks like wood) flooring. We did this just because we didn't like carpet in the high traffic living area. All appliances were high quality and we never had any issues with any of them. I upgraded the entertainment system including all tv's, surround sound, Trav'ler antenna and OTA antenna. My gripe with Dynamax was the shady wiring practices. I ended up replacing, reworking several areas that were put together sub-standard. I'll send some pics if you're interested.
Thanks,

I do appreciate the reply.

I had read that pre Forest River Dynamax quality was very good.

Besides the super C we are looking at A's and short C's also.

Got to go drive a couple.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Driver View Post
I had read that pre Forest River Dynamax quality was very good.
I understood the same.

Before the great recession of 2008/2009, Dynamax was a privately owned company (much like Phoenix USA) with excellent quality. When Forest River took it over around 2009, it didn't take long for the quality to suffer. BUT being fair about it, the quality has continued to be better than most other big name brands. I don't know the quality of a brand new 2022 model. Dynamax owners generally have very little to say on this forum. Maybe that is a reflection of "good quality".

Dynamax stopped building on the Ford E350/E450 and the GMC/Chevy 3500/4500 chassis during the transfer of ownership so all the typical discussions related to those two chassis platforms would naturally be eliminated.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:40 PM   #7

A guy a couple of streets away has a newer Dynamax Force and it's really nice.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:13 PM   #8

Not long ago, I test drove a Dynaquest 350. I was very impressed with how it handled and rode. I thought build quality was very good, too. The only issue I had was with the limited storage and very small bathroom. They had gone to great lengths to keep overall height low. I loved that about it. We measured it--this thing was 11'3" tall. But they had taken it to such a great extreme that there was no overhead storage in the kitchen at all. And at only 5'-10", I would've had to stoop a bit in the shower. I'm sure that most of that was specific to the floorplan I saw, but I had to pass. And I hated to--it was just what we want. It's the only time I've ever said--they should've made this thing 6" taller. And those awesome looking curved walls and extremely crowned ceiling robbed interior space.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
They had gone to great lengths to keep overall height low. I loved that about it.
You sort-of described a Phoenix Cruiser. Ours SEEN HERE measures 9'-10" to the top of the a/c unit. At 5'-11", I clear everything inside with my hiking shoes on, but not by much.

The low profile and narrow body makes the rig easier to drive and maneuver, so I get what you are saying about the Dynaquest 350.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dittmer View Post
You sort-of described a Phoenix Cruiser. Ours SEEN HERE measures 9'-10" to the top of the a/c unit. At 5'-11", I clear everything inside with my hiking shoes on, but not by much.

The low profile and narrow body makes the rig easier to drive and maneuver, so I get what you are saying about the Dynaquest 350.
Ron,

I always liked the look of the Phoenix Cruiser. Have seen a couple on my travels.
Old 08-08-2021, 07:33 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
We have a 2006 Dynamax Dynaquest 320 ST with the C-7 Cat engine and Allison transmission. We downsized from a 45 foot Newmar Mountain Aire.
We like the smaller 32 foot size, my wife can drive it easily and we can go places without worrying if we will fit.
It has 80 gallon fuel capacity and gets about 9-10 mpg pulling our 5400 lb Jeep Wrangler.
We completely rebuilt the TV / entertainment cabinet with smart TV’s and a Bose sound bar.
So far we like it, the build quality back then was similar to our former Newmar. Solid wood cherry cabinets.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UFwVoRpaCgNhtc7Z6
Nomads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 07:42 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Driver View Post
Hi folks,

Anyone have any experience with this rig?

Thanks
https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f240/
You should go and ask that question on this forum.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 06:36 AM   #13

Thanks both,

Great advice on that forum, I have for sure checked it out
Old 09-17-2021, 02:16 PM   #14

Hi folks,

Have not had a chance to check one out in the flesh yet .

My issue with my A is I am wrecked after driving it after half a day. Hopefully will get a test drive of an M2 if I can find one, I like idea of the Air ride seats

I am going to sit tight until the market sorts itself out