Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2018, 10:59 PM   #1

Dynamax Force HD

What do you think about them and what do you know of their customer service and warranty work being done in a timely manner? Any thoughts or ideas? We are stuck between a Dynamax Force HD and a Tiffin class a diesel pusher. Any input..

Driveability reliability and service after the sell are main factrors.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2018, 08:28 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Are you buying new or used? Is the Super C a Freightliner Chassis with Cummins engine?

Other than giving up a lot of interior space with the Super C, a lot of the attributes are going to be the same. Tiffin has excellent service policies around warranty work and will support whatever decisions you make regarding where you get the coach serviced. Not sure about Dynamax.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:16 PM   #3

I'm always mulling over going with some type of a truck conversion (Class 6 or 7 ...Class 8 too much for us) as opposed to the many DPs we've had through the years.

As you know, the main advantage with a TC is the ease of access to the engine and other mechanicals as opposed to DPs. As many DP owners have probably run into from time to time is that some truck mechanics either will refuse to work on a DP or charge a premium for doing so. This is especially true for rear radiator DPs where some procedures are forced to be done through the bedroom and accessing the top of the engine from under the bed.

And this might not be a concern of yours but a buddy of mine who owned a Haulmark that he paid around $400k for back in the day, was flatly refused a stay at some of the luxury Class A- only RV resorts (this was over ten years ago, however). It made him so mad as his rig was as beautiful from the exterior as just about any Class A and cost as much or more (in some cases much, much more!) than the Class As that were allowed to stay. But a lot of people, including ourselves, refuse to even consider such resorts that are that uppity that they can't make such an exception. This discrimination is becoming more rare, however. Some luxury Class A resorts will let you in if your TC has full-body paint, for instance (as opposed to all white as an example) but some still adhere to the "we allow nothing with a hood" rule as their emphasis is the profile of the rig as they want only "breadbox-like" RVs ...everything else must be an eyesore to them no matter how much it costs or how beautiful it is.

Others like a TC for the reason that the motor puts some distance between them and bumper in case of a head-on collision (or having some "crumple zone" in front of you) as opposed to very, very little protection in a DP. Some also like having a driver's door that very few if any DPs now have.

From what I hear, Dynamax customer service is pretty attentive. I'm not sure how it compares with Tiffin's but I'm thinking it shouldn't make a huge difference as to your decision. Maybe others can chime in who have experienced both Dynamax and Tiffin factory support.

You'll have a Freightliner M2 chassis as opposed to an FCCC chassis so ANY Freightliner service center will be glad to accommodate warranty repairs, etc. In come cases, our Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation (a separate division of Daimler/Freightliner that make primarily motorhome chassis but have a few other applications too) was either refused or they told us upfront that they would charge a premium for working on our motorhome ...not real common nowadays, however.

eta: ooops, sorry, I now see that there's a current thread on C vs A that makes a lot of my points redundant. You can disregard most of what I wrote. Sorry about that.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 04:31 PM   #4

I don't want to ring the bell too hard, but you might add Renegade to your list, but then again, I'm prejudiced.
Ziggy8321 is offline   Reply With Quote