Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2021, 01:27 PM   #1

Dynamax Isata 5 vs Renegade Veracruz

Hi all,

Interested to hear from owners of each.
Will be looking to purchase in 2 years so starting research now.

Thanks,

Stephen
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2021, 01:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Driver View Post
Hi all,

Interested to hear from owners of each.
Will be looking to purchase in 2 years so starting research now.

Thanks,

Stephen
Great topic; I have the same interest. Unfortunate that it has yet to generate any feedback from the community...
Frank_RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 02:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_RV View Post
Great topic; I have the same interest. Unfortunate that it has yet to generate any feedback from the community...
I think there is a lot of info over on forest River forums and Facebook but not much here.
Old 09-22-2021, 02:33 PM   #4

Renegade is no longer making the 35’ Veracruz 35FWS or 35MDS and just debuted the Veracruz 30VRM. It’s shorter and features a Murphy bed (in lieu of a fixed bed or folding bed like the Dynamax Isata 5 30FW). Also features a larger bathroom with a very large wardrobe. Storage seems adequate, but not terribly impressive. I think you probably get more in the Isata 5. Still the same concerns re difficult transition from cab to house portion that you see in both the Isata 5 and older Veracruz models.

I’m not a big fan, but understand the desire to get shorter and increase the cargo carrying capacity. Some cool videos popping up that show the features and layout.

https://youtu.be/EtMO_-3mTHE

https://youtu.be/Mx5eSR7Cy0o
hippopapamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 10:28 AM   #5

I'm also very interested in this topic.
Current RV is a 2017 Entegra Aspire, it is just too big for our current needs, and is for sale.

We will be purchasing a smaller rig when the Aspire sells. I really like the Thor Omni/Magnitude. The F550 chassis is great and drives like a pickup truck, very smooth and quiet. The thought of owning thor quality brings up bile, but anything can be fixed...lol.
I'm thinking 3 plus years old, not sure Isata has been around that long?

I just stumbled across Veracruz yesterday looking for other f550 based nameplates.
I'm very interested, as Renegade is a top tier manufacturer I'm certain their build quality and choice of accessories will be first rate.

It looks like the first few years, Veracruz was a fairly conventional 35 footer, and 2 years ago shrunk to a tiny single room with a murphy bed.

Anyone have a clue why?
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 09:48 AM   #6

I just purchased an Isata 5 30FW. So far, I really like it. I wanted to stay 35 feet or under and the 30FW is 33 feet long. It is well made and it is a true pleasure to drive. It has a lot of power - it goes up hills with ease. The seats are very comfortable, and it is easy to get in and out of the cab using the cab doors. However, it is not easy to get from the cab to the house area. I go out cab door and then use the RV door. I was worried about the folding bed, but it folds about 3/4 of the way down, so you do not know the fold is even there. And the bed is great to sleep in. I have had some minor issues but Dynamax has been great to work with on fixing these issues. I got the Explorer package. I love the large residential refrigerator, the solar panels and the lithium batteries.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 02:50 PM   #7

I downsized into a Born Free on an f550 and love it. It might be something to look at as they are used and available and well built without the Thor issues.

24' Bornfree
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 09:33 AM   #8

Hi there,

Can anyone advise regarding fuel mileage experience with a F550 based Class C like the Veracruz?

I'm guessing 8-10 overall?

Was looking at Sprinter based Class Cs (want short vehicle), but now turned off by their minimal cargo capacity. Maybe an F550 chassis would suit me better...
Bradski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 04:42 PM   #9

Mileage

The salesperson at the show we attended said the Veracruz should get about 12 mpg. It’s a Ford diesel. No idea if he’s accurate on the mpg or not.
jfr123 is offline   Reply With Quote