Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2019, 02:52 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Steve View Post
The 6 way power drivers seat in my 2012 {2011 Ford Chassis} Nexus 24' C is awesome. There are so many ways you can tweak the seat that long drives are nothing but a pleasure. My understanding is that the seats came from Ford and are an option that can be ordered. The lumbar adjustment is a manual actuated dial{wheel} but it imparts a wide range of support.

iI you want to feel a real torture rack seat try the manual drivers seat in a Chevy Class C. Yes you get a little bit more leg room but it comes at a horrible cost to your back. The other awful seat that I consistently encounter in smaller Class C's are in the various Mercedes Chassis'. They are stiff with very few adjustments even possible.

Perhaps my satisfaction with the power Ford seat is that I am an off the rack sized guy - 5' 9" and 180#. I have often noted that if you are over 6' tall or the first number when you get on the scale is larger than one you probably will not be all that comfortable in any 24 - 25' Class C.

Hmmm ... interesting seat comments above!

I'm 6'2" and find the stock manual driver's seat in our Class C's Ford E450 cab fairly comfortable - and we have taken long trips in our rig - with me doing all of the driving.

HOWEVER, our dinette right behind the driver's seat has a hinged back such that it can be folded down towards the dinette table. This allows me to tilt the driver's seatback all the way back, and that's how I use it.

With the driver's seatback tilted all the way back and the driver's seat itself set all the back on it's sliding track, I have just the leg room I need and the angle for my back is just right. I take my foot off the accelerator and place it almost straight out and up a bit so as to rest on the firewall floor area under the brake pedal - when safe to do so - while using the cruise control traveling on long straight stretches of freeways and highways. I also rest my left foot raised up a bit resting high on the firewall floor area to the left.

All in all ... a comfortable setup for me whenever I'm able to travel this way. The benefits of a small fully self-contained Class C in which one is able to drycamp for days in about any camp spot ... far, far outweighs any effects from an "intimate" cab area.
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2019, 01:02 PM   #30

Our Entegra Odyssey 2019 has very very comfortable seats that swivel around to bu used as seating in the main cabin. They provide a cushion to raise the level.
Rastatt055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:37 AM   #31

I find my seats in our Chevy powered m/h quite comfortable. If I had problems though, I would have them modified to fit my butt at Rich’s auto seats near my home.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:17 AM   #32

This is not about the seats, but rather concerning the cockpit area.

We have the dash board and the standard 4-cup holder of the previous era. Our 2007 was unacceptable when it came to power jacks & cords maintaining our phones and GPS. The two 12V outlets are placed too close to the gear shift lever. The plugs with cords stick out and interfere with shifting gears. So I came up with this solution and it has worked great for some years now. The charger wires have since been off our space. The devises store in the lower bin and the wires easily tuck in there too so the mess is minimal and away. Our cup holder area has since been clean and wire-free.

CLICK HERE to get to my post with pictures.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 03:34 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy metal View Post
These are my solution, pictures are so so but should help nonetheless:
Attachment 235361Attachment 235362Attachment 235363Attachment 235364
Awesome! Where did you get those seats? I'm looking for something like that.
randk2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:34 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by randk2005 View Post
Awesome! Where did you get those seats? I'm looking for something like that.
Ford winstar van, is what they stated, im over the hill from u in "T" town and need to do something like this as well asap
Avies48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:38 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I replaced the seats in my old rig with Flexsteels. Best money I ever spent. Direct bolt in. I even liked them more than the electric adjustable one's in my 2017 rig.

Do u remember the part numbers?? I have a 2018 jayco and need to replwce the front seats before my tail bone gives out!! These seats are horrible!!
Avies48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 01:21 PM   #36

Any new options on seat upgrades

When our dog ate the drivers and passengers seats, I had the upholstery shop add some additional padding. It helped but the seats on our2018 Forester 2421 are just not comfortable. We are both 5’9 and looking for a better ride. Anyone done this recently?
Thanks
alcouch33 is offline   Reply With Quote