Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2021, 08:54 PM   #1

Entegra Accolade compare Dynamax Force HD

Like many of you I am down to making a decision between two Super C's. Dynamax Force HD 37TS and Entegra Accolade XL. Purchase time = Sept.

I would imagine many of you have already been down this path. Here are the KEY (and for me - critical) differences...some good some bad.

For actual owners, please let me know if I have the data incorrect or, if there are after-market work-arounds.

I'm looking at the Super Class C's due to safety and drivability over many of the Class A's. I know that's a separate conversation....but for me, that's why I'm looking.

Key differences

Accolade --- Dynamax Force 37ts

Freightliner S2RV - M2 106

360HP / 800 lb-ft - 375HP / 1050 lb-ft

House Batteries: 4 - House Batteries: 2 (Yikes!)

Inverter: 2KW - Inverter: 2.8KW

Refrig: 21cf - Refrig: 16cf. *********yikes

Full Electric - Propane range

The propane is somewhat appealing due to the benefit of boon docking. However, you could carry a propane cooker and cook outside.

The chassis is clearly the big deal. However, if you towing a rather normal size toad, maybe doesn't make a big difference.

Also huge is the 2 year warranty with Entegra. Huge!

I don't see tpms on either but after-market prob fixes that.
I don't see lockable basement compartments. Not sure if after-market fixes that.

If you are just towing a jeep Cherokee....do you care if you are on a S2Rv vs a M2 chassis?

Thoughts.

Mike
Mdavis501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2021, 09:08 PM   #2

Go with the better warranty.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdavis501 View Post
Like many of you I am down to making a decision between two Super C's. Dynamax Force HD 37TS and Entegra Accolade XL. Purchase time = Sept.

I would imagine many of you have already been down this path. Here are the KEY (and for me - critical) differences...some good some bad.

For actual owners, please let me know if I have the data incorrect or, if there are after-market work-arounds.

I'm looking at the Super Class C's due to safety and drivability over many of the Class A's. I know that's a separate conversation....but for me, that's why I'm looking.

Key differences

Accolade --- Dynamax Force 37ts

Freightliner S2RV - M2 106

360HP / 800 lb-ft - 375HP / 1050 lb-ft

House Batteries: 4 - House Batteries: 2 (Yikes!)

Inverter: 2KW - Inverter: 2.8KW

Refrig: 21cf - Refrig: 16cf. *********yikes

Full Electric - Propane range

The propane is somewhat appealing due to the benefit of boon docking. However, you could carry a propane cooker and cook outside.

The chassis is clearly the big deal. However, if you towing a rather normal size toad, maybe doesn't make a big difference.

Also huge is the 2 year warranty with Entegra. Huge!

I don't see tpms on either but after-market prob fixes that.
I don't see lockable basement compartments. Not sure if after-market fixes that.

If you are just towing a jeep Cherokee....do you care if you are on a S2Rv vs a M2 chassis?

Thoughts.

Mike
Go with the floor plan and features that you like the best. You can purchase a year warranty for not much $, that’s not a big deal.

The Force likely has an 8.9L Cummins ISL whereas the Entegra has a 6.7L Cummins ISB. The ISL will have an actual “Jake brake” like a big rig has, where the ISB just as an exhaust brake integrated into the turbo. Advantage for the ISL would be driving in hilly terrain especially while towing. You can add things like batteries etc, but you’re not going to do an engine swap.

Also the Entegra diesel pushers are actual Entegras, the Accolade is a rebadged Jayco Seneca fwiw
Massparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 09:49 PM   #4

The Force actually now has a Detroit Diesel. They just switched to that.

Accolade and Seneca are in fact identical. Warranty and otherwise.

Dynamax has the invaluable Dynamax GM Brian Clemens on their forums assisting with all things Dynamax. Seven years ago when he was Forester/Sunseeker GM he was critical to my decision to purchase a then new 2014 Sunseeker. He helped before, during, and after my purchase. Was that Sunseeker perfect? No. Did I ever feel like I didn't have a channel to get help? No, again. Other brands could learn a lesson here.

I sold my Sunseeker last month. I'd like to get a Dynamax but the lack of a bunk model under $235k leaves them beyond my budget.
So it's Accolade or something less. Going full-time in a year or so, making this decision very important to us.
El Chapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:17 PM   #5

Excellent points! Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Mdavis501 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra