Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2021, 12:08 PM   #1

Entegra or Phoenix Cruiser

We want to purchase a Class C/B+ motor home and have stopped looking at the diesel models due to their LOW occc. I recently discovered the Phoenix Cruiser and the Entegra Odyssey…..would love to hear from anyone with experience with these companies and their products. Thanks in advance!
Wendy
Wendy654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2021, 01:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy654 View Post
We want to purchase a Class C/B+ motor home and have stopped looking at the diesel models due to their LOW occc. I recently discovered the Phoenix Cruiser and the Entegra Odyssey…..would love to hear from anyone with experience with these companies and their products. Thanks in advance!
Wendy
You might want to also look at Coach House Class B+ motorhomes and Lazy Daze Class C motorhomes. These two brands are of superb quality and offer all, or many of their models on the Ford E450 chassis - which in small motorhome sizes makes possible pretty high OCCC values.

For example, our E450 based 24 ft. Class C has over 2000 lbs. of OCCC! (However it's not a Coach House or Lazy Daze.)
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 08:33 PM   #3

Just to share, we’ve had our Odyssey for three years now and love it. The window above the front bunk let’s so much light in, or you can use the shade if needed. That and the two year warranty were big factors for me as this is my first RV.
GABob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 06:11 PM   #4

We just downsized to an Odyssey 29V from a Class A diesel. For a smaller rig we like it but not without some problems to overcome. Came with a crappy radio/GPS unit but overall pleased with it.
popcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 01:52 PM   #5

Calling the Soundstream radio crappy is a compliment to the manufacturer…it simply sux. If you use it at all it’s better by using the remote. The backup camera died about 1.5 years after purchase, but honestly it wasn’t that great so I just use the mirrors. Thought about replacing but would rather have it mounted midway as opposed to the top of the rv.
GABob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 08:51 PM   #6

new phoenix member

My wife and I have been looking for our perfect RV for 5 years. We recently discovered the Phoenix Cruiser while browsing our local lot and instantly fell in love. We thought we wanted a Sprinter diesel but the CCC woes chased us away. We are very happy with it and the company has been very responsive to our questions. I would look for a used unit with the liquid springs upgrade. The $10k upgrade is now $18k and makes for a smoother ride. White horse rv in NJ has a 2018 for 135k firm without the springs. Feel free to reach out with questions.
Ziggythefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #7

We have owned our Phoenix Cruiser 2350 HERE for over 14 years now. It's been a great rig. We special ordered it as shown. I understand since the COVID impact with difficulties in part procurement and employee retention, the company is less flexible with special requests, otherwise has managed to retain it's quality. The company makes two rigs per week, each carefully crafted. They have gone up in price so if you find a good deal, think hard and think fast.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 01:05 PM   #8

FYI the Entegra is a re-branded Jayco Greyhawk, same rigs. If you want counter space you can't beat the Greyhawk 29MV or 30X
RV_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:19 PM   #9

Another vote here for the Phoenix Cruiser. Can't believe the quality as compared to most others. The super workmanship is only out done by the follow up service and commitment to you the customer even after the warranty period.
The are going through some growing pains now and don't do as much customizations as in the past, but are still very willing to work with you. I believe that factory direct sales are also a thing of the past, but the service techs at the plant are second to none.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:32 PM   #10

Another vote for PC. Bought a used 2012 model 3100 in 2016. Put 25,000 miles on it while pulling a toad. Couldn't be happier with the quality and the performance. Check out the PC forum for some great info from PC owners.

https://forum.phoenixusarv.com/
TheLuvShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 04:51 PM   #11

Nor'easters Club
Entegra Owners Club
Not sure how much OCCC you need however, my Entegra Qwest on the Mercedes chassis has just under 1300lbs and has a full wall slide. Once that slide is out, the coach feels huge, for two people and a dog, and it's just over 25ft. As it's on a Sprinter van chassis, I can drive it pretty much anywhere without worry of turning or space. Any gas station is a breeze to navigate. Fuel economy is pretty good as well at 16+ mpg

The fit, finish, and quality of the Entegra build is top shelf. Just remember, you get what you pay for.

Good luck!!
Old 09-26-2021, 10:08 AM   #12

A testament recently posted to the Phoenix Cruiser Travel Club FaceBook page by a participant of the recent PCTC Spearfish Reunion which Tina, one of the owners, and a contingent of service techs were present to take care of minor issues owners may have with their unit.

"We had a stubborn refer that would work while plugged into electric but only the freezer would work on propane. Which really limited our RV travels. Had it worked on in Missoula twice, still would not work. Checked several things suggested on the blog. Doug & Danny worked on it at the reunion, still would not work. But thanks to Tina & her crew, they switched refers with their unit & now we have an operating refer. The factory service techs, Doug & Danny go way above & beyond, working into the night to accommodate us. The Phoenix Cruiser staff is awesome. We Phoenix Cruiser owners are so blessed to have this type of service available to us. Thank you, Tina, Doug, & Danny. Doug & Marilyn, 2016, 2400."

This is just another reason PC owners prefer them.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:48 AM   #13

Another vote for the PC. I also was at the rally. Those 2 techs worked well past dark doing minor things like swapping out the refer and also replaced a toilet(not what I would call minor). All issues were supplier component problems, not necessarily issues with construction. Lots of long time employees knowing what they are doing.
tarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 12:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnold View Post
All issues were supplier component problems, not necessarily issues with construction.
That is an understatement.

Since the great recession of 2008/2009, the manufacturing of many RV systems and unique hardware shifted from the USA to the orient. The quality and reliability of water heaters, refrigerators, and such seemed to have suffered, along with product availability. The reasons for the digression is debatable.

Anyone with SouthCo interior cabinet latches in their motorhome can relate to the issue of poor quality. Our rig being a 2007 has decent latches. They still break, but not nearly as chronic as latches made in more recent years. My replacements break more frequently.

You can't rate the RV manufacture based on a faulty appliance, only their response in how they help you through it. Phoenix USA tries, but like all such things, there is room for improvement during day-to-day operations.

The pandemic of 2020/2021 surely has negatively impacted response times with a lack of qualified personnel. How many employers can't fill positions because the Federal government has paid so many wage earners to stay home. The incentive to work is gone. Hopefully this situation will not last much longer for the sake of businesses of all kinds.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra