Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #1

Hi- I'm trying to find out any information about the Travelcraft Elite 21' motorhome. Has anyone ever owned or know if they are a decent brand? It has a ford chassis with a ford 350? I did not realize Ford made a 350.Any info would be appreciated.
johnnyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2007, 01:27 PM   #2

[

QUOTE]Originally posted by johnnyblade:
Hi- I'm trying to find out any information about the Travelcraft Elite 21' motorhome. Has anyone ever owned or know if they are a decent brand? It has a ford chassis with a ford 350? I did not realize Ford made a 350.Any info would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:28 AM   #3

Hi Johnnyblade You didn't mentioned the year or other stats regarding that travelcraft. I just ran accross your post. I have a 1980 Travelcraft, 26", 440 Dodge. Did you own or were you considering buying. It is an orphaned MH. I have been working on mine for 2 years. It's OK, for vintage, if it was new I'd be screaming.
Sandy's 440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The E-350 is a nominal 1 ton chassis and has either a 351 CID or a 460 CID engine. The 350 does not relate to engine size .

Travel craft has been out of business for some time. Check HERE.

You can get a Chilton's chassis manual at most auto parts stores, the appliances and suck are all standards in the industry such as Dometic, Norcold, Suburban and so on. Provide a list on makes and models if you do not have the manuals and we'll see if we can point you to some.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #5

Oh boy,have I heard of Travelcraft. We bought one last year, a 1983 Van Camper. Creme w/Brown and Orange stripes. Interior is Burgundy/Creme - actually is in great shape for the age. We cannot find a manual but are piecing things together. We finally got brave and put some water through the pump! Yea!! It works. We are former tent campers so this is our first RV and frankly, I know nothing about the propane tank and haven't mustered up the courage to mess with it. I'd like to see if the hot water/stove etc. work though. My favorite thing about it is the red '70s era lighting on the interior ceiling. We are taking it to Mexico this summer. Any advice?
Amy The Traveling Gringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #6

Travelcraft....Fond memories. Back when I was a kid in 1986 my parents purchased a 1983 20' something on the Ford chassis with the 350. They only kept it a few yrs but I remember my dad saying it was very underpowered. Not the greatest on gas but for what it was it did a great job. Like Amy said, the colors were creme with brown and orange stripes along with the burgundy creme interior. Very 70ish. Other than being underpowered it served our family of 5 till they traded for a Eurocoach (another orphan). If taken care of a good coach.
Aarondeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #7

Recently purchased a 1986 Travel Craft 22 Ft built on a Ford E350 Van Chassie w/460 engine to redo. Interesting in communicating with others who have or had a unit like this to answer a few simple questions. Like, what are the various switches for? What size refrigerator is best suited. Best tires etc...Any insights will be appreciated. Thanks GT Email TXIT2ME@AOL.COM
GT/Texas 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Amy The Traveling Gringa:
Oh boy,have I heard of Travelcraft. We bought one last year, a 1983 Van Camper. Creme w/Brown and Orange stripes. Interior is Burgundy/Creme - actually is in great shape for the age. We cannot find a manual but are piecing things together. We finally got brave and put some water through the pump! Yea!! It works. We are former tent campers so this is our first RV and frankly, I know nothing about the propane tank and haven't mustered up the courage to mess with it. I'd like to see if the hot water/stove etc. work though. My favorite thing about it is the red '70s era lighting on the interior ceiling. We are taking it to Mexico this summer. Any advice?
GT/Texas 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy The Traveling Gringa View Post
I own a 1982 Travelcraft, GMC on a 1 ton van chassis, 350 engine, Cream, Orange/Brown stripes. Everything works but the furnace needs work on the fan. Interior is dark brown leather sofa, dark brown vinyl trim everywhere, lots of storage. I was wondering if you still have yours.
Cathy930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 01:51 AM   #10

Ford Chassis !

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblade View Post
Hi- I'm trying to find out any information about the Travelcraft Elite 21' motorhome. Has anyone ever owned or know if they are a decent brand? It has a ford chassis with a ford 350? I did not realize Ford made a 350.Any info would be appreciated.
350 refers to the Ford Chassis size underneath , I read that somewhere in passing thru here lol , I have just bought an 1988 Ford TravelCraft with a 460 c.i. big block engine on a Ford F-350 Truck Frame it ! Mine came with absolutely NO instructions and I dont know anything about how to operate it nor do I know of anyone I know who owns one to ask how to do so, So here I sit looking all over the internet trying to find out what I need to know so that I dont roll into my 1st RV campground looking like a complete NOOB at it lol The only thing 5hat I knoow is that he gave me a box of new hoses that are for sewage removal lol ! Other than that I am lost lol I have never owned a camper and am used to roughing it outdoors so I suspect I will be Ok !! My 1st outage may be a winter one if I dont get a going , lol

Tom
ratchet1957 is offline   Reply With Quote