Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2017, 04:57 PM   #1

Feedback on owning a Coach House? appreciate any opinions

good evening, we just started recently on the forum...love it. we
are looking for a class c motorhome. considered winnebago view,
navion, tiffin wayfarer. recently someone mentioned Coach House.
just wondering if anyone has had on and what their experience has
been. thank you
2KITEflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2017, 05:17 PM   #2

I have owned two, first a 23 ft and now a 27 ft. The only negative is that they more expensive, but for a reason. The shell is one piece fiberglass (similar to a boat) so no seams to leak or rattle. Everything except appliances etc, is built in house. They only use first class materials, no particle board or staples. They are a 3 generation family owned business, that will work with you to make changes/additions. PM a phone # and I would be happy to answer any questions that I can. In 14 years I have had virtually no warranty work required.
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:41 PM   #3

2kite, haven't owned one yet but as I mentioned in a previous post/ topic, have one on order. Wife and I have visited the factory twice, took the tour and have seen how they are built. Very unique and impressive construction. As mentioned, they are a good bit more expensive than other C class motor homes but for good reason. They are a bit of a unicorn in that Coachhouse is a small builder so not a lot out there to look at. Factory direct sales only. I believe they only build about 80 coaches a year. (read that somewhere on their Facebook page , I think ) . Fit and finish is awesome. Pretty much top of the line everything. Worth a visit to check out their coaches if you can make the time. Be prepared to wait though....ordered ours in early Nov. , won see it unti May/ early June 😕
islandbum561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmanjay View Post
I have owned two, first a 23 ft and now a 27 ft. In 14 years I have had virtually no warranty work required.
This ^^^^^^^^^ speaks volume!
tnrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:53 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
They remind me a lot like the 2004 Chinook Concourse we owned. Built like a boat - true gel coat - well built.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:55 PM   #6

As I said on your previous post, I have owned two and are very pleased with them If you would like to discuss PM with contact information and I will be glad to call.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:15 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
:welcome" from WA State!

I haven't owned a Type C MH since 1998 and haven't kept up on them.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:08 AM   #8

We’ve owned ours for over 14 years now. We have had some minor issues simply related to use and years in service. Nothing compared to stories I have heard from owners of other older MH’s. They are pricey but the value is there. I don’t know much about how this forum works but would be glad to discuss with you privately.
PappyWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #9

Thank you so much for your feedback along with some other past owners which have nothing but good things to say about Coach House.. my husband and I took the tour last week after months and months of research and other tours.....and concluded this was absolutely the perfect home away from home ...such quality and it sounds quite worry-free.. we are proud owners of a 27-foot CH now having purchased it. As you said delivery time is a little ways out but well worth the wait.... you again!!
Old 12-17-2017, 12:26 PM   #10

Thank you again for relaying your lengthy experience owning Coach House... along with other reviews and we also took the tour of their Factory ...I'm happy to say after months of research on various manufacturers it was quite clear that this was exactly what we were looking for... so we are very happy campers literally... just purchased a 27-foot ... there is a little bit of a wait time ....it is well worth ....its awesome quality.... can't beat the warranty and service options ...love love the floor plans along with the quality of everything else... thank you again... if it weren't for you mentioning them in your post I never would have thought checked
Old 12-17-2017, 12:42 PM   #11

Hello ... once again congratulations on your purchase .. just wondering what flooring you decided on.... they have a new product called Infinity bark flooring.... it looks like a neutral light color weave with a foam pas underneath it... ersus the standard laminate Wood look.... I still have time to decide on interior colors just giving feedback on what others have done... I went with the cherry wood and the stand Stone fabric.... they have a very clean-looking shaker style cabinet door that is a gray color that looks great with the new cream color carpet weave... but the wall finish doesn't look as nice as the Cherry... anyways still debating any feedback or opinions would be welcome
Old 12-18-2017, 04:01 AM   #12

2kite, congrats on your new coach. DW and I went with the sandstone interior and maple cabinets. We also opted for the new flooring choice. We both prefer the lighter colors. As for options, we went with just about everything but solar panel and memory foam mattress ( we will get a memory foam topper for a lot less cost as we have used them in our other coaches and really liked them) . When will you take delivery? Whic floor plan ? Best of luck, I'm sure we'll both enjoy our new coaches. BTW , what part of So. Fl. do you live?
islandbum561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #13

Coach House

hello thank you for your reply and very happy to hear you will be getting your new CH also in May ...we were told late June early July for the 271XL FD delivery.
We also decided on the sand stone with the Cherry cabinets... I'm undecided on the flooring I have until February to decide ...I loved the new lighter floor material just not sure how it will look with the darker cherry....
We also added most everything.. I may reconsider after you mentioning it not to go with memory foam so thank you for the suggestion... And just use toppers..
We did opt for the solar panels also but is there a reason you decided not to get it.?
What are your thoughts on having more storage in the bathroom ...that was the one thing that was really missing ...shelf space... They did indicate that they could make the bathroom window 18 inches Long verses 24 and put a shelf or cabinet in there but not sure how that would function enough.
We have lived in Jensen Beach area over 17 years..
So Coach House is literally a direct shot across the state LOL.. my husband and I are pretty much retired ..We look forward to being a part of the Coach House group along with all other RVers!!
Please keep us posted on how your CH is progressing... we plan to go over and see ours once its in production... have a safe and enjoyable holiday
Old 12-19-2017, 11:44 AM   #14

What were your options for batteries? It looks like the std is 2-6 volt golf cart style which I think are lead acid that provide about 225 amp hrs, but I only about 110 useable. I opted for 3 AGM interstate DCM0100, which give 300amp hr and 150 useable, plus no need to monitor the water. Don’t think there is enough room for 4 6 volt batteries. One other comment,I made sure that the inverter was large enough to run the microwave for brief periods. Like lunch on the road without running the generator. Glad you are joining the Coach House family.