Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2021, 07:12 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRider1960 View Post
I am shopping. LTV is at the top of the list.

I am just trying to ferret out the idea of the Ford 3.5L Eco-Boost V6 Gas w/10 Speed Automatic Transmission being used.
I suggest that you watch Dean's LTV YouTube video when he tours the Ford factory in Kansas City where they make the Ford Transit cut away chassis for the Wonder.
Contractor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2021, 08:43 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkinhead View Post
I agree that GCWR is the limiting factor but according to this PDF from Ford, the difference between GCWR from the 3.31 to 3.73 gear ratios is 1400 lbs.
Ford makes EXCELLENT documentation of towing for all their vehicles and all in one place, however, the data overload can be confusing. Re-look at the chart and focus on the Transit Cutaway Chassis and not the other Transit chassis. Further, limit the scope to the 350HD (FWD and AWD) only as that is what the RV manufacturers use on the B+/C (they don't use the cutaway chassis for the regular Class B vans). Yes, Ford lists 3.31 and the 3.73 gear ratios. The 3.31 is ONLY available on the lighter 250/350 chassis with a GCVR of 11,000 that RV manufacturers are not using. Rather they build B+/C models on the 350HD chassis with a 15000 GCVR that is only offered with the 3.73. You need to read the 15000 line across and ignore the others since the RV manufacturers don't use them.

Before someone corrects me for saying manufacturers don't use them, they might in the pure Class B which is a van with the interior finished and listed under the "Transit cargo van" rather than "Transit Cutaway" in the Ford documentation. I haven't researched it and is beyond the scope of this thread. Also the difference between the "Cutaway" and "Cab" chassis is the cab has a back wall with the build behind it - think U-Haul truck. The cutaway is open allowing direct access to whatever is built behind - virtually every RV.
tizeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:45 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contractor77 View Post
I suggest that you watch Dean's LTV YouTube video when he tours the Ford factory in Kansas City where they make the Ford Transit cut away chassis for the Wonder.
This one? Has anything changed in 3 years? He said diesel. I think this is pre V6 gas

https://youtu.be/O-PTH1udJ6U
HDRider1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:13 PM   #74

Yes, ford stopped using the Diesel in the Transit within the United States after 2019.
douglasboren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 12:58 AM   #75

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
I am shopping. LTV is at the top of the list.

I am just trying to ferret out the idea of the Ford 3.5L Eco-Boost V6 Gas w/10 Speed Automatic Transmission being used.
Just came back from looking a LTV new 2021, and was disappointed with the plain look inside. I hate to say it but seems to have been a factory rush job. Quality control lacking, And found a number of things the customer would have to deal with after the sale, Just saying?
Blazeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 06:14 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazeman View Post
Just came back from looking a LTV new 2021, and was disappointed with the plain look inside. I hate to say it but seems to have been a factory rush job. Quality control lacking, And found a number of things the customer would have to deal with after the sale, Just saying?
Comparing the the LTV Wonder, what do you like?
Old 10-14-2021, 05:48 PM   #77
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
It seems like absolute insanity to put the Ford 3.5L Eco-Boost V6 Gas w/10 Speed Automatic Transmission in a 11,000 pound RV.

This drive train will strain itself every mile it rolls. It is incredibly complex. It is extremely difficult to work on from a mechanics'' perspective.

https://leisurevans.com/wonder/specifications/
I drive one and it just hums along, lots of reserve power. It keeps it's rpms down and is quiet. I havn't tried towing but I can't see it being a problem. Remember it is only a 11,000 lbs vehicle.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:36 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM View Post
I drive one and it just hums along, lots of reserve power. It keeps it's rpms down and is quiet. I haven't tried towing but I can't see it being a problem. Remember it is only a 11,000 lbs. vehicle.
What year is yours?

How many miles?

Any Rocky Mountain travels?

Thanks for posting and good RVing to you. I really like the looks of them on the internet. Their dealers are rare down around me. I hope to see one soon.

Which model do you have? We think we like the rear lounge model
Old 10-15-2021, 10:43 AM   #79
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
It is a 2020 with 1200K and I live in the rocky mountains. I havn't been able to use it very much due to covid, fires and a land slide.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:20 AM   #80

The Ecoboost is not known for getting very good gas mileage while under load. A diesel would be much better. On the other hand, if they could offer a hybrid option like the F-150 Power Boost the 7.2 KWH generator function could be a really great feature foe an RV.
move on is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, gas, transmission