Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2021, 10:07 PM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricdgm View Post
I have a 2018 Coachmen that has a Jensen 9000rv. This unit really does not work like I would like so we are using a Garmin GPS. Does anyone know what they are using in the new units 2020 and above? The unit I have has the 3 camera inputs.
The cameras all hook up to a spilter box that has 1 output to the radio. So any head unit the has a screen and back up camera connection will work.
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2021, 10:11 PM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Best sound in an E450

I left the furrion head unit on ours as I didn't feel it was necessarily feel it was the weak link.

If you really want to improve the sound quality I would suggest to anyone with the e450 chassis Is, throw away the door speakers by some good 2way speakers (like jbl, alpine etc) then while the door panels are off put 80mil sound damping material on the door. It takes a 3'x3' piece to do each door. So 18 Sq ft. To do both doors.

You will get 2 huge benefits doing this. 1- you will reduce the cab road noise level greatly. 2- you will actually get bass out of the door speakers that will vibrate the door, and all around better sound.

Use the plastic sheet that's stuck to the door as a template to cut your sound damping material. The sound damping material only comes in 12" wide rolls so cut three 36" straps then tape them together to make your 3x3 panel. Stick the plastic on it cut around outside with a pair of scissors (NOT your wife's favorite pair though) use a razor blade knife to cut x's where the door panel hooks are.

You can get an adapter wire for the speakers so the will connect directly to the factory plugs that way you won't have to worry about messing the polarity up or hacking the factory harness. Crutchfield carries the adapter.
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:17 AM   #17

Yes we did, all is well. See my comments about cruchfield, you cannot go wrong with them.
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:57 PM   #18

Contacted Cruchfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
Can not say enough good comments about cruchfield tech spport. They were incredible and walked us through the issues...all is well and ax 5500 is great.
I contacted Cruchfield and they have no idea about the 2021 Ford E450. Was your RV a 2021?
rmclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:13 AM   #19

Ours is a 2019 e450.
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:54 AM   #20

2021 Ford E450 Entertainment System

There apparently are a few differences between the 2021 and the 2019 and I can't find anything specifically for the 2021. The E450 has the cheapest radio I have seen in a car in the last decade. The steering wheel has radio and phone control buttons and looks like one used in the F250 but that truck has a touch screen. The radio has blue tooth and you can play stuff from your phone but there is no microphone. So if you use the steering wheel controls to answer your phone, you can hear the person calling but they can't hear you. Stupidest design I have ever seen. I'll keep looking. With all the RV manufacturers using this platform eventually someone will come up with something.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	324183   Click image for larger version

Name:	Steering Wheel.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	324184  

rmclin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags