Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2021, 10:01 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
I wish mine was a Spirit instead of a Minnie Winnie. All my buddies like to tell me when they see it--"Hey moron, you misspelled Weanie!"
Tell your friends your weanie is more than 26' long.
bruce91748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2021, 10:02 AM   #128

Does the Chevy 4500 Cut Away offer smart driving aids like adaptive cruise also? If not this year, does anyone know if Chevy will try to keep up with Ford in 2022 model year?
bruce91748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:11 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce91748 View Post
Does the Chevy 4500 Cut Away offer smart driving aids like adaptive cruise also? If not this year, does anyone know if Chevy will try to keep up with Ford in 2022 model year?
They offer lane departure warning and forward collision warning, but not adaptive cruise. As with the Ford chassis, they're options, so the RV manufacturer has to choose to include those options when they order the chassis.

https://www.chevrolet.com/commercial/express/cutaway

No idea what their plans are for the future.
Old 02-04-2021, 12:28 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthla View Post
The issue with the new Ford Super Duty 7.3!
That is old "news" from almost 6 months ago!
Old 05-11-2021, 07:56 AM   #131

We have the Jayco Redhawk SE 27N with the Chevy Chassis. We went with the Chevy Chassis because of what everyone is saying. It does ride better and more room. Have not done anything to chassis. I have an RV tech that told that the Chevy will ride better than Ford and all he has every done to a Chevy in a few cases is add air bags.
cegates01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 08:02 AM   #132

Just sold our 2019 Coachman Concord 300DS on Ford E450 chassis. Loved the unit, but health issues occurred, requiring the sale. I felt the Concord was a step above most other Class C’s. Interior as well as exterior, with full body paint.($8,500 option) I am only 5-6” so cab space was a non issue. The Concord comes with Firestone Air Ride bags on the rear, which does improve ride when properly adjusted. I did add a TPMS SYSTEM, and a Safe T Plus steering damper. Power with the V-10 was fine with 9/10 mpg. If the new Ford 7.3 Godzilla motor is now being offered, that would be even better. That motor was offered in pickups and heavy duty Fords last year, so I’d guess any bugs have been worked out. My only downside with the Concord was exterior storage. However, I think thats an issue with most class C’s. Good Luck with your choice, and happy camping.
Gforceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:05 AM   #133

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford V-10 Engine on a 2009 Winnebago Chalet

We drive the Ford V-10 engine and have had not problems with the
engine. My husband has not complained about heat from the engine
nor does it bother me as I drive 50% of the time. I will say that we
had to do a lot of upgrades to the chassis to make it more comfortable to drive and to not beat us to death. We added a rear sway bar, a trak
bar, and heavy duty shocks. Now it drives like an SUV. That is
a Winnebago issue as to the stability of the chassis.

Everyone on the forum helped me to understand what I needed to do.
We love the way it drives now. Our engine has almost 75000 miles on it.
They are just broken in around 100K. Just take care of it, and it will
go the long distance.
Ladypilot10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 07:16 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
I’ve driven Class A gas coaches before and found some engine noise was prettying intense going up a grade. The engines are the same in Class A’s and C’s. Is the noise the same? I’ve watched some videos but none really covered the noise aspect. I especially wonder if the new engine is better or worse?
I’ve never driven a gas Class A but we recently purchased a used 2022 Coachmen Freelander 31MB Class C with the Ford 7.3L V8 engine. I’m not sure that the cab has almost any insulation because it’s pretty deafening and the floor gets very hot! I was much more comfortable driving our F-250 Lariat pulling a travel trailer… even with the 6.7L turbo diesel it was way more quiet and comfortable!
Blakehx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 06:51 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakehx View Post
I’ve never driven a gas Class A but we recently purchased a used 2022 Coachmen Freelander 31MB Class C with the Ford 7.3L V8 engine. I’m not sure that the cab has almost any insulation because it’s pretty deafening and the floor gets very hot! I was much more comfortable driving our F-250 Lariat pulling a travel trailer… even with the 6.7L turbo diesel it was way more quiet and comfortable!
You have to buy and install kill-mat or a similar product and install it on the inside of the dog house/engine cover. Makes a huge difference. I was also able to reinstall the foil faced fiberglass OEM insulation back on top of the kill-mat. And If your ambitious, remove your seats and floor covering and do the floor with kill-mat also.( I have yet to do the floor) just keep in mind it will smell for a few days but the smell will completely go away.
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 07:08 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthla View Post
You have to buy and install kill-mat or a similar product and install it on the inside of the dog house/engine cover. Makes a huge difference. I was also able to reinstall the foil faced fiberglass OEM insulation back on top of the kill-mat.
Which engine do you have?

(Curious about clearances between engine and doghouse with the two additional layers of insulation materials.)

Tags
chevy, e450, ford