Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2021, 01:41 PM   #1

Ford f450 in dash radio

Our 2014 Ford aspect is on a Ford 450 chassis. The in dash radio stopped working suddenly only static. All other features work as in cd, satellite . Any suggestions please .
Thanks
suzymitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2021, 01:56 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Check your antenna to see if it came unplugged. you should be able to access it through your glove box. You can follow the antenna wire to the back of the radio from the antenna. I had a 2014 searcher and lost our reception and after a bunch of trouble shooting (several hours worth) I found the lose antenna wire and that was the problem. Hope that helped.
Wasnt Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:25 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I found the E-450 is notorious for having a crappy AM/FM radio. I changed to a rubber duck like antenna. It helped, but not by much. I just don't use it. Instead I do the USB plug/bluetooth and stream audio from the phone. But a 8 year old radio...might be money ahead getting a new one with bluetooth.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 11:24 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When my old Nissan truck radio developed "intermittent operation" and then "worked, but w/ static", I finally replaced the old AM/FM radio/ cassette to find evidence of water (maybe sweat from AC duct?) with a cheap, FM ONLY... only to find it too had static, and suddenly realized that the small windshield corner crack in the passenger side had finally (after 15+ years?) spread slightly and broken the embedded wire antennae lead in the glass. A cheap, $5-$10 Amazon wire FM antenna tucked in behind the glovebox restored performance. :-)
Old 05-16-2021, 10:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegd007 View Post
I found the E-450 is notorious for having a crappy AM/FM radio. I changed to a rubber duck like antenna. It helped, but not by much. I just don't use it. Instead I do the USB plug/bluetooth and stream audio from the phone. But a 8 year old radio...might be money ahead getting a new one with bluetooth.
You can buy inexpensive Bluetooth devices that you plug into a cigarette lighter port, then tune your AM dash radio to a certain frequency and it will stream your cell phone via bluetooth to the radio. I got one for 15 bucks to put in my old 1994 Saturn, and now I can stream SiriusXM from my phone to the old radio, as well as use the cell phone hands-free.

https://www.amazon.com/GARDWENS-T25-...90018123&psc=1

My 2010 motorhome has an old Magnadyne in-dash radio, but rather than replace the entire thing I found an old Sirius XM receiver for it, mounted an antenna inside is high as I could, and I don't even use AM or FM. I just stream XM when I'm driving, also when I'm parked. That said, I still can receive AM and FM with it, and I suspect if those went out in the OP's radio, it's just a loose antenna connection.

By the way speaking of Sirius, every time it renews they try to bump my subscription up to over $200, and every single time I go to customer retention and get it cut down to about $55 per year. Every time I talk to them I tell them they need to treat their customers with decency, and not make us play these stupid games every time we have to renew.

This last time if they would not have bumped it down for the motor home subscription I would've just streamed it through my phone, using the subscription in my truck. The reason I want to keep it in the motorhome is some places I camp don't have cell access, so I wouldn't be able to stream it. Like Joshua Tree National Park, with no cell service anywhere in the area, but I could still hear XM through my dash radio with the satellite antenna.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, ford, radio