Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2007, 04:02 AM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Continued research on the endura. Found nice one with the Duramax, do they actually get better mileage than the 8.1 gas. Any numbers out there.

Thanks

Mike

Swannee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2007, 04:02 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Continued research on the endura. Found nice one with the Duramax, do they actually get better mileage than the 8.1 gas. Any numbers out there.

Thanks

Mike

Old 10-30-2007, 08:36 AM   #3

We don't have the Endura, but we do have a 2007 Jayco Seneca on the Kodiak/Durmax chassis. With only ~3000 miles on it, we are getting about 10 mpg. Our previous class A with the 8.1 motor normally got 7 to 8 mpg. After we had Ultrapower installed, our 8.1 would typically get 8 to 9 mpg unless we were in the mountains. We have friends with the same model Seneca as ours and with approx. 17K miles on it they consistently get 10 to 11 mpg.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:19 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

The diesel will outperform gas and getter fuel mileage in similar size and weight vehicles. Diesel produces more energy per gallon than gas (that's a fact, not an opinion). And the greater low end (low RPM) torque and horsepower of the diesel also means it is more effective when moving heavy loads.

The numbers that Paulin reports are about what I would expect for a Duramax in that size of rig.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:27 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Thanks for replies. This is what I have heard. I have drove diesels before and I noted the same difference then. Re-assurance is good to have. New diesel technology should have even improved things more improvements the better thanks again.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:48 PM   #6

Swannee, not to change the intent of your question; but, I have been trying to get the same info. on the Gulfstream Super Nova which is a 300 hp International diesel on an International chassis. It looks like it is intended to go head to head with the Endura and/or Seneca. Isn'i it funny that for years nobody thought diesel and Class C were a good match-now the Super C's are popping up everywhere, Ken, '04 DSDP...
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:45 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Is kind of funny, whats even funnier I'm buying one. Just got back from an 11K USA trip coast to coast, no problems to mention. My (class C) pulled the jeep performed great.
Several times in the Rockies I knew that a diesel would sure be nice. 10mph/4k rpm on I-70 near Georgetown CO. nice trip.
I believe the industry is looking for sales fighting fuel costs. They have to sell any form of economy. Enter the technologically improved diesel, playing on inherent diesel design characteristics this looks like there only option, time will tell.
We are probably just seeing the beginning of a trend. Funny though at the brink diesel fuel goes higher than premium unleaded, just my luck! Mike

Mike

Old 12-30-2007, 10:23 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
I have owned a Kodiak with the Duramax and have a SuperNova with the VT365 International diesel. Let me point out that I drive mostly interstates and always tow a Jeep Wrangler. The Duramax got 8-8.5 mpg (driving 60-65 mph) and the International is getting 7.5 (driving 70-75mph). That said, I would not go back to the Duramax even with the improved economy because the class 6 International chassis is far superior to the class 5 Kodiak in the way it drives, handles, and has total disregard for adverse road and wind conditions. I never liked the way the Kodiak handled and love the SuperNova. I tend to drive 600-700 mile days. I was exhausted after those miles in the Chevy but it is nothing in the International.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:20 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Thanks for reply "Texas TC". We boyght an Endura and love what we have, great price not too many adaptations to make to personalize. As for long range driveability etc. time will tell. Thanks again you for your in insight and reply.

Mike

Old 01-12-2008, 04:54 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
After a ton of research and help from members here we found and decided to buy a 2007 Endura. Less than 7k miles, 3460 model,Duramax Diesel T1000 Allison transmission, price was great. Taking a short trip week camping for a few days expect great things. Fuel milage seems to be better than our E-450 we traded in performance wise. Time will tell

Old 02-11-2008, 05:22 PM   #11

We have a Four Winds FunMover Duramax diesel. We average right at 10 mpg