Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2022, 07:02 PM   #1

full body paint on class c

has anyone considered having their class c painted? have no idea if even feasible including cost...we love our class c and a full body paint would make exterior so much easier to maintain...
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2022, 07:35 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Expensive would be an understatment. But if you like what you got and are going to use it for a long time-go for it. I have a full body paint. Unfortunately living in the desert does harm to the clearcoat if left outside. From what I have read you will be looking at anywhere from 5K-20K. Good luck and let the forum what you decided.
Bangorbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:47 PM   #3

Save some good money and get the rig painted the same white color as the van portion.
Old 06-05-2022, 04:13 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I paint and own a shop... Depending on your RV the pricing range is huge as mentioned..
Decal/trim removal... any resealed windows etc (paint done stick to(90 %of sealers)

Single Color vs multi,, Solid color vs Metallic vs clearcoat

Years back I got a small 21-22 ft RV from Florida it was painted in 2007, a Single stage white, factory ford white, they added a few stripes with paint they had in shop. This was done by previous owner.. They used Dupont IMRON, they knew the shop and got a good price $2500..
I sold it 2 years ago and saw it this week as the new owner stopped by to show me how quite it is, 460 manifolds replaced finally..
Point is it looked GREAT and he cleaned it and waxed for a trip to Colorado.. it has 208K, outside since I had it in 2008....

SO shop around, Paint Prices are UP, there are a few off brand paints that give good results..
I have sprayed some "industrial/Commercial" from PPG, Axalta(Dupont) and MIPA all non clear coated for local small dump trucks m tractor hoods etc.. Pricing of $300- $900 for a gallon kit,, double or triple that of clear coated,,
RV with no roof, 30 ft, expect 2-3 gallon kits min.. 40-80hrs labor, again depends on decals, prep, coating.. 7500-10K imo is on lower edge of quality unless you find a guy doing it on the side for cash , I get that all day on classic cars that are pre prepped in body work..

You may want to look into a nice Vinyl rap with a 10year vinyl...
sibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 10:30 AM   #5

Interesting, as Imron is generally consider an aircraft paint.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 07:07 PM   #6

Imron

I have done many Imron jobs on Motorhomes and Trucks! Its a normal practice!
72BuickGS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, paint