Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2020, 07:51 AM   #1

Getting Service from Ford Dealership

Hello All,
First time poster and a new owner of 2019 Jayco Greyhawk 30Z.
Since the nearest RV service is an hour drive away - is there any reason I cannot get basic maintenance, like oil changes, done at my local Ford Dealer?
BenDover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2020, 07:53 AM   #2

When I had a Ford F53 1 out of 2 local dealers said they could work on it.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:53 AM   #3

Some work on rvs...some don't. Ford also has a commercial division tthat usually will.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:43 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Depends on if their shop has the lift capacity ( and roof space) or are just a small car dealer/ pickup dealer . Ford has many specific “truck” / commercial dealers that are specially equipped for larger vehicles. So no , not every dealer can welcome you
Old 09-19-2020, 09:32 AM   #5

I have all my chassis maintenance done at our local Ford dealer. They are equipped to handle motorhomes and large trucks. As others have mentioned, not all dealers can, so I’d suggest calling around to verify those that are able to handle an RV.
Newmar2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 09:58 AM   #6

Thanks all - will contact my local Ford dealer
Old 09-19-2020, 12:40 PM   #7

Also if at all available in your area, you might check into having a mobile mechanic service your Ford chassis at the place where you store your RV.

We used one for the first time recently to do an oil change right at our home where we store the RV - he changed the oil and did a brake inspection ... and said that he could do brake work on the RV right where it was parked in the back yard!
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 12:57 PM   #8

Not every Ford commercial shop will handle motor homes and the list on Ford's website is either outdated or just plain wrong. Call before showing up no matter what you read on the intertoobs.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:14 PM   #9

https://www.ford.com/commercial-vehicle-center/
TourNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 02:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil G. View Post
Also if at all available in your area, you might check into having a mobile mechanic service your Ford chassis at the place where you store your RV.

We used one for the first time recently to do an oil change right at our home where we store the RV - he changed the oil and did a brake inspection ... and said that he could do brake work on the RV right where it was parked in the back yard!
Phil, amazing as it might seem, some locations (Sacramento) have passed laws forbidding working on a vehicle at a residence
Old 09-19-2020, 03:51 PM   #11

What the heck??? You go to the Stealer to get an oil change??? What's that cost you????.....an arm??....arm and leg??? Your in Athens Georgia a large city. Where there are plenty of name brand oil change facilities.....Valvoline Express lube, Jiffy Lube etc. Just call ahead and ask if they can service a motorhome and have a 12' door and you should have no problem. I travel cross country and like to do an oil change when due. I've never had a problem finding a place (other then a dealer) to have it done.....and it's very affordable.
Bobthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 10:31 PM   #12

My Dad went to one of those quick -lube joints , due to his age at the time . They didn't bother to screw in his oil plug tight , lost all his oil , ruined his engine on a car that only had 9K miles on it . That was the end of that car right then ! Those places won't own up to their negligent screw-ups either , he found out !
" PROVE IT " was their attitude !
I will never go to one of those places , since then .
TourNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:31 PM   #13

Can be a deal

I have found you can get an oil change for next to nothing at a dealer. They hope to get you in with a cheap oil change and then they “find” all kind of things wrong with your vehicle and recommend hundreds of dollars in repairs.
Just thank them for their recommendations and say no thanks
Old 09-19-2020, 11:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobthegod View Post
What the heck??? You go to the Stealer to get an oil change??? What's that cost you????.....an arm??....arm and leg??? Your in Athens Georgia a large city. Where there are plenty of name brand oil change facilities.....Valvoline Express lube, Jiffy Lube etc. Just call ahead and ask if they can service a motorhome and have a 12' door and you should have no problem. I travel cross country and like to do an oil change when due. I've never had a problem finding a place (other then a dealer) to have it done.....and it's very affordable.
Good to know that’s an option when on the road!

Tags
dealer, ford, service